News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Hmm yeah you're right. For some reason sharp keys just don't sit as well with me when there are more than a few of them.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 01, 2014, 08:07:08 AMHmm yeah you're right. For some reason sharp keys just don't sit as well with me when there are more than a few of them.
Same with me. Can't read F# for the life of me.

Jompa

I would definitely prefer five sharps over seven flats, but I don't see either of them as troublesome.
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

Alright, I started Life, but the note lengths are getting weird. Is this really 4/4? Here's what I have so far, and here's the original:

Jompa

Yes it's 4/4 all the way.
btw, the rhythm of that figure you've arranged so far is not "quarter tuplet + quarter tuplet + quarter tuplet", but "dotted eighth + sixteenth tied with eighth + eighth".
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

Are you sure? Then there must be some weird rhythm later. I started going further and updated my link, but when I slow the song down, the quick notes are not 16ths or I am not counting right. I think I counted about 18, but I may be wrong.

Jompa

I am absolutely sure. The drum beat should make it obviously enough.
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

Quote from: Jompa on September 07, 2014, 03:33:24 PMI am absolutely sure. The drum beat should make it obviously enough.
Then what are the quick notes? The 4/4 time signature has sounded right from my first guesses.

Jompa

They sound like normal sixteenths to me. Exactly where is it you are hearing eighteen instead?
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

My imagination.  :P I can't believe I just did that.
I feel so stupid

JDMEK5

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 07, 2014, 03:53:13 PMI feel so stupid
Stop touching yourself. Just kidding. I'm not at all serious nor do I mean that at all. Please don't take it personally or seriously.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Jompa

Not bad judgement!,
but it's actually in C dominant phrygian, which means C-major.
Later inn it goes to some tonality of D-flat which at first glance seem kinda wholetone-based (though not all the way) - anyways, it's Db-major here!
And then it kinda finds its way back to C dominant phrygian again.
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Ok :)
What about the stupid accidentals? They are gonna be one heck of a problem. How about I post it on my page...

Jompa

Birdo for Smash