News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

Yeah, it does sound like it's in G# minor. No idea why others have it in F# minor.

Jompa

I don't know anything about that song (I haven't listened to other videos), but for copyrighted anime songs it is very common for the uploader to pitch the song up or down a bit so that YouTube can't recognize the soundtrack as copirighted material, and then remove it. That may be the case with that video. There are actually more wrong-pitched versions of anime songs on YouTube than there are versions of the original. So yeah. Likely, that's the case.
Birdo for Smash

FireArrow

Hah, you're right. When I listened to it directly from the episode (anime site) it was in F# minor. >_>
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Pianist Da Sootopolis

G# minor in that video.
Ditching Pokemon Colosseum for a little while in favor of simpler 8 bit music from the request board.
what is shitpost

FireArrow

G minor 4/4

Dudeman

Um, what? No it's not. I've arranged this in the past and it's definitely 4/4.

EDIT: EDIT
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

FireArrow

The syncopation in the beginning got me ;p

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Just to check, would this song be better with the quarter equaling 150, or 75 while in 6/8?
It looks weird with 150, because all those LH arpeggios at the beginning are 16ths, but it still looks strange when put in 75.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umfc69VlAF4

Altissimo

I'm hearing 150 bpm personally. The arpeggios sound a bit like 1/4-subdivisions anyway, not 1/2-subs.

Tobbeh99

I think it's perfectly fine having them as 16ths notes, 16th arpeggios are quite common after all.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Ok. It's probably just my noob intuition, but it didn't really sound like 16ths to me. Guess I'll just leave it.

Tobbeh99

... unless you want to write it in 6/4, but it might be better to keep things simple and have it in 6/8.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

skiaak

Most importantly what key sig is this in (just want to check with you guys).

and this

Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

Sebastian