What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

I need the key and time signature for this song!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Sebastian

BrainyLucario

Sebastian

It could be notated in 2/4, but I would personally put it in 4/4.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 23, 2015, 02:15:23 PMIt could be notated in 2/4, but I would personally put it in 4/4.
I think I will stick with 4/4.... It's much easier with notepad to do it that way...

BrainyLucario

Wait..... What's the difference between major and minor key signatures??

braix

Try editing your posts instead of double posting. [emoji14]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Zeila

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 23, 2015, 02:22:38 PMWait..... What's the difference between major and minor key signatures??
I'd say the mood and chord progression, but if you want a more in depth explanation then someone else could explain it to you (because I can't)

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Zeila on December 23, 2015, 02:43:31 PMI'd say the mood and chord progression, but if you want a more in depth explanation then someone else could explain it to you (because I can't)
Thanks! Don't worry... I got E. Gadd to answer that one for me

Tobbeh99

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 23, 2015, 02:22:38 PMWait..... What's the difference between major and minor key signatures??

Well the key signatures doesn't change if it's major or minor, C-major and A-minor share the same key signatures (no flats or sharps). The differences between major and minor lies in the scale/intervals, for example the major scale has a major 3rd, 6th and 7th, the minor has a minor 3rd, 6th and 7th.

If you're talking about finale, it's just that you can chose to see the key signatures as major or minor. There is no actual difference I believe. You can write a song in C-major in an A-minor key signature.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

BrainyLucario

I need another key signature and time signature, I'm still learning how to tell.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

BrainyLucario

Actually, I though it would be D major? Would that be acceptabe?