News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Dudeman on November 24, 2016, 12:19:47 PMI think it's really just that: there's a 2/4 measure every 8 bars in the opening section. It's not frequent enough to warrant a completely different time signature imo.
Yeah, I felt like that was the case. I just got confused by the bassline.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Lkjhgfdsa_77

- key signature, all natural works fine (no major sections where I put a lot of accidentals), maybe E Minor, but then the LH would have naturals running on the F from 0:35 - 1:06; the trumpet in 0:38 - 0:43 seems to be in B flat but then the violin (?) directly after has a B natural? I have NotePad so I couldn't just change it whenever I wanted to...
 - time signature for first 30 seconds (plus beat placement and BPM), the majority if the piece is in 4/4 (with 3/4 starting at 2:26); I attempted to arrange it in the same 4/4 timing as the rest of the piece, it worked fine but I decide to put a bunch of caesura in to compensate, wondering if there's a better alternative.
As aforementioned I use NotePad so if you want to put some special changes onto the arrangement that would be great!

V Arrangement of first part (0:00 - 2:26) V
Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on September 30, 2016, 05:22:54 PM
Legend of Skyloft (pt 1)||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
65%, gets really weird but most of the notes are there.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

braix

I get the feeling that this isn't in 4/4 time. 12/8 maybe?
halp
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dudeman

It's a march with triplets, although I'm hearing some places with what sounds like sixteenths in there as well. I'd use 12/8 personally.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

If I was going the march route, I'd def use 6/8 over 12/8.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

The key for this song is weird, and after discussing it with Latios, I think it isn't what I have written, but something else...
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF8iHFM5mBI
I put that it starts as Dmaj, then changes to Abmaj at 0:26, and changes again to Gmaj at 0:42, and back to Dmaj when it loops at 0:45.

If someone could double-check for me that'd be cool
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

AwesomeYears

Might go for a hard song, and GT3's OST is pretty damn great. I'm assuming C Minor, 4/4 and around 120 BPM tempo.

WaluigiTime64

I think it might be in a D key signature, but full notation might say otherwise.

Also I love this song now.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

2nd most obscure Kirby game, next to BS Kirby's Toy Box; this game, however, is less known. The song starts at 0:59. This was my best source. It's tricky finding out the key because there's no bass and the song only lasts 2 measures.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

AmpharosAndy

Don't know if you've already sorted it out but I would say A major as that's what it's in for two phrases out of three, then it's F minor. Maybe just not having a key might be better?
innit

LeviR.star

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on March 06, 2017, 04:59:30 AMDon't know if you've already sorted it out but I would say A major as that's what it's in for two phrases out of three, then it's F minor. Maybe just not having a key might be better?

Yeah, I think it would be better without one. Thanks, Andy!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

I wrote it out, and it feels like the whole thing's in F Minor. There's just some naturals/flats to throw you off.

LeviR.star

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on March 06, 2017, 11:36:53 AMI wrote it out, and it feels like the whole thing's in F Minor. There's just some naturals/flats to throw you off.

F minor, got it! Thanks, Waluigi!

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on December 18, 2016, 12:28:19 PM

- key signature, all natural works fine (no major sections where I put a lot of accidentals), maybe E Minor, but then the LH would have naturals running on the F from 0:35 - 1:06; the trumpet in 0:38 - 0:43 seems to be in B flat but then the violin (?) directly after has a B natural? I have NotePad so I couldn't just change it whenever I wanted to...
 - time signature for first 30 seconds (plus beat placement and BPM), the majority if the piece is in 4/4 (with 3/4 starting at 2:26); I attempted to arrange it in the same 4/4 timing as the rest of the piece, it worked fine but I decide to put a bunch of caesura in to compensate, wondering if there's a better alternative.
As aforementioned I use NotePad so if you want to put some special changes onto the arrangement that would be great!

V Arrangement of first part (0:00 - 2:26) V
Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on September 30, 2016, 05:22:54 PM
Legend of Skyloft (pt 1)||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
65%, gets really weird but most of the notes are there.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog