News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Sunny's Arrangements ~ New "rain" Arrangements - 8/20

Started by sunnydelight18, April 08, 2013, 07:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

It works now.

Your missing a layer and I think some of your chords are wrong, I'll see what I can do but I'd recommend trying to get Olimar to look at this in the live feekback thread.

I can try to get the con pedale to work for you though. :)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

sunnydelight18

I'm not sure what you mean by missing a layer, but I do know that at least the chords in measure 37 and 38 are not correct, if not more. I figured I'd just update it when I figure it out, but if you can get to it before I can then go for it.  ;D

I tried it with the ped and it actually sounds better without.

FireArrow

Ok, two things.

1. I think I'll be able to figure this out, but there are some Jompa chords in here. Do you want me to go through and edit it for you or just tell you where the mistakes are? (It would be easier for me this was.)

2. Con Pedale is different then ped: ped is gonna make it sound very muddy, however, it sounds very good with con pedale!

sunnydelight18

You can just point them out. I should be able to fix them all in my version.

See, Olimar did a con pedale for me and it sounds the same as ped in Songwriter, but probably because it doesn't have a con pedale option. If it will sound better in the midi and in other Finale programs, then that would  actually be great. Might want to wait until I've fixed all of the chords, though, in case something screws it up(Finale hates me.)

FireArrow

Quote from: sunnydelight18 on June 03, 2013, 02:58:53 PMYou can just point them out. I should be able to fix them all in my version.

See, Olimar did a con pedale for me and it sounds the same as ped in Songwriter, but probably because it doesn't have a con pedale option. If it will sound better in the midi and in other Finale programs, then that would  actually be great. Might want to wait until I've fixed all of the chords, though, in case something screws it up(Finale hates me.)

It sounds good in finale 2012.

I have both good and bad news:

The good: This song and your arrangement are awesome and when I'm done I'm definitely gonna print it out and learn it.

The bad: The whole L.H. is wrong. I didn't notice at first, but when I downloaded an mp3, I did. Your underestimating the length of the intervals, you'll see what I mean when I'm done editing (I don't feel like making a giant post correcting every note.)

sunnydelight18

Bleh. I know I have a pretty crappy ear, but I felt pretty proud of myself with this one.

Oh, well. Thanks for helping out a noob.  ::)

FireArrow

Quote from: sunnydelight18 on June 03, 2013, 07:42:38 PMBleh. I know I have a pretty crappy ear, but I felt pretty proud of myself with this one.

Oh, well. Thanks for helping out a noob.  ::)

No worries, I'm a noob too. It's much easier to correct an arrangement that isn't yours.

I would recommend doing some interval training, it's a really common mistake to hear an interval as less then it should be.

sunnydelight18

I think the strings are tripping me up, as well. Plus I have to play it at my piano, which forces me to listen to the song off of my phone, and my phone doesn't exactly have the best sound quality.

I keep saying I'll take up lessons again, but turns out fitting in piano lessons, piano practice and 5 [horseback] rides a week is a bit of a struggle.
I vote that we get an extra day added to a week.

FireArrow

Quote from: sunnydelight18 on June 03, 2013, 08:27:03 PMI think the strings are tripping me up, as well. Plus I have to play it at my piano, which forces me to listen to the song off of my phone, and my phone doesn't exactly have the best sound quality.

I keep saying I'll take up lessons again, but turns out fitting in piano lessons, piano practice and 5 [horseback] rides a week is a bit of a struggle.
I vote that we get an extra day added to a week.

Haha, I could use a day taken out of my week. I have way too much free time.

Also, I shouldn't be the only one posting here. Come on people!

spitllama

London Calling and Xion's Theme? Agh both such great songs. Good luck finishing.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

sunnydelight18

Thanks. London Calling is actually finished. I've found it a bit boring to play, though, so I may end up arranging a version more suited for piano.  :)

sunnydelight18

FireArrow

I'm sorry for taking so long... do you want me just post what I have so you can do the rest? Then I can take the time to look at the other ones you just posted!

sunnydelight18

Quote from: FireArrow on June 06, 2013, 04:56:30 PMI'm sorry for taking so long... do you want me just post what I have so you can do the rest? Then I can take the time to look at the other ones you just posted!

No problem! I'm just grateful that you're helping at all.

That would be fine. I'd think it would give me a good enough idea of what it sounds like.

FireArrow

Ok, well, here you go:

MUS

It's probably not 100% accurate, but I hope it gives you an idea of what to do.