News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Sunny's Arrangements ~ New "rain" Arrangements - 8/20

Started by sunnydelight18, April 08, 2013, 07:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunnydelight18

Dudeman

Very nice job! You got, like, every single note right!
A couple of things you should consider: In measures 57-60, try making the right hand notes octaves, with the note being added an octave lower. This should still be playable. Also, try adding pedal breaks in the actual sound when the main chord changes. That should fix any muddled-up sound in the background.
Overall, very, very nice job!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

sunnydelight18

Thanks!

Okay, I'll try that. I can't really do anything about the pedal, though. My only pedal option with my version of Finale is a "ped". I know it doesn't sound so great, but it sounds even worse without. :P

FireArrow

I think what dudeman is trying to tell you is to use the little star thing (what's it called?) that means to lift the pedal every chord change (reapply the pedal right after.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

sunnydelight18

I actually completely forgot that was an option, LOL. I'll try that.

sunnydelight18

Added Endless Ocean: Blue World arrangement "Underwater Event 6".

sunnydelight18

sunnydelight18

Added Endless Ocean: Blue World arrangement.

I like feedback too.

sunnydelight18

sunnydelight18

Added new Animal Crossing: New Leaf arrangement.

sunnydelight18

FierceDeity

Nice arrangement of sealed grounds! A few things:

First, if you want to submit this, you're going to want to put the copyright at the bottom. (Also, give yourself some arranger credit, I mean goddamn :P)

As far as writing goes, there are some spots where you stretch the right hand more than it needs to. While it's usually ok to write intervals up to a 10th, if you can avoid that by switching hands, that's usually preferable. I generally just do that for anything wider than an octave, if it's possible. So, spots like in bars 12, 13, and 14, I would move the eighth notes down to the left hand (especially 14, you have them playing an 11th in one hand, haha; that goes for the full measure, too, because it'd make those 32nd notes a lot easier to play). Go ahead and do that wherever applicable in the rest of the piece, too.

Also, your rests are a little funky at times. For example, every time you have a quarter rest starting on the "and" of beat 2. There are some cases where it's not as defined whether you can cross the center of a bar with a rest, but doing so with a quarter rest in 4/4 is generally a no-no. So, in places like bars 10, 14, and 18 where you do this, the quarter rest in the middle should instead be two eighth rests. As far as half rests crossing the center of a measure goes, to my knowledge, it's not as definitively wrong, but I've more frequently seen those divided into quarter rests. In other words, the half rests in bars 7, 11, 15, 19, and anywhere they're used the same way, would instead be written as two quarter rests.

Anyways, that's all for now, I'm really tired. I'll look at it again tomorrow. Maybe I'll find some more things then, or maybe I'll look back and realize I wasn't making any sense. It's always a gamble at this hour.

But still, nice arrangement.

sunnydelight18

Oops. I must have uploaded the wrong version without the copyrights and such.

My printer is broken once again, but I could tell clearly just by looking that some of those stretches would be impossible and that you would have to switch hands or cross over to reach them. I wasn't sure the best way to notate that, though, so I just left it. I'll see what I can do with that.

I'll definitely fix up those rests as well.

No worries, you made perfect sense. Thank you for the input!

kokeruza

Quote from: sunnydelight18 on August 25, 2013, 02:49:59 PMAdded Endless Ocean: Blue World arrangement.

I like feedback too.

Hey , the link is broken for the Endless Ocean arrangements ! You're the only person in the world that has covered music from this game so I really need it ! By the way , keep going , I love all your works  ;)

sunnydelight18

I actually cleared out my dropbox so all the links are broken. I've been meaning to get them back up again, I just haven't had the time. I'll try to do it for you this weekend!  ;D

And thank you! I'm glad you like them.