News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: Site features

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

I'd like to suggest having a statistics page for on-site arrangements, like how many times they've been downloaded. It'd be an informative thing to see.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

The Deku Trombonist

I second this!

It would also be cool to see which are our most popular games/series so we can gear things to improving our popularity.

Sebastian

I third this!  ;D  I always wanted something like this :)

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

It should be rather easy to have a counter installed for file downloads and such, I would assume. I don't know anything about this stuff, but it would be very useful in letting other people know how great I am.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jamaha

Welcome to the development team, Maestro! First task: Write the download counter. On a more serious note, I've looked around a bit and that should be possible.

Also not to spoil the surprise but there are some interesting changes coming up.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Jamaha on November 04, 2013, 02:14:48 PMWelcome to the development team, Maestro! First task: Write the download counter. On a more serious note, I've looked around a bit and that should be possible.

Also not to spoil the surprise but there are some interesting changes coming up.
i have excite.

ETA?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Sebastian

Jamaha

ETA is ASAP, or more specifically when we get the last couple of missing things done and then test enough to make sure everything works.

DrP

If you guys need help writing databases, I can do that.

Also, I know this is probably something ordinary, but Facebook and Twitter Integration. Our Facebook page and Twitter accounts can be live feeds on the sides of the home page. This means we need to have a "Social Media Coordinator" (like what Winter is doing, but someone a bit more active -- someone to reach out to the public with posting tidbits, polls, youtube videos, etc...)

JDMEK5

I would apply for "Social Media Coordinator" but to be blatantly honest, social media isn't my area of expertise. I do know my way around it though so if either someone else were doing it with me or it doesn't involve anything super-complicated I'd be perfectly fine. If one of those criteria are met I'd actually like the chance to try. Of course, if nobody else shows up, I'd give it a shot as well.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Winter

I'm totally cool doing this. I can do it at school or home really.

I'm quite available actually. I've had nothing much to post about lately though. I usually do things like sort through messages and previous posts and apply proper tags so they get as much reach as possible, sorry It hasn't shown.  I'm definitely open to ideas, I do read my PM's too, so say something if you think it's deserving of a post on Facebook/Twitter.

DrP

DOEEET Winter!

I'm suggesting more activeness, take a look at Amazon, Starbucks, Costco and Microsoft twitter and facebook pages and take a page from their book or something.

Use social media to actually MARKET our site and our community!

Bubbles

I cant remember if this was said before, but maybe a page where you can see all the arrangements of a certain arranger specifically? Like if I played one or two of Slow's arrangements and I really liked them, I could go and see what else he arranged

Yugi

Quote from: Bubbles on January 10, 2014, 08:38:54 PMI cant remember if this was said before, but maybe a page where you can see all the arrangements of a certain arranger specifically? Like if I played one or two of Slow's arrangements and I really liked them, I could go and see what else he arranged
Although your suggestion would make things a lot easier, it's easily made pointless with control + F.