News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: Site features

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Don't start this argument here. Or anywhere for that matter.

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 18, 2014, 06:48:36 PMbut Im NOT saying a Vetaran Arranger is just a title
No, but expanding the idea too far stretches the meaning.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Sebastian

Quote from: Zunawe on June 18, 2014, 06:53:11 PMDon't start this argument here. Or anywhere for that matter.
Not trying too  :P

Quote from: Zunawe on June 18, 2014, 06:53:11 PMNo, but expanding the idea too far stretches the meaning.
Guess your right :)

MaestroUGC

Oh I'm just fooling around. My heyday on this site has long since gone.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sebastian

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 18, 2014, 06:56:20 PMOh I'm just fooling around. My heyday on this site has long since gone.
haha. You could still try submitting :)

MaestroUGC

I kind of got the "perma-no" and I don't plan on doing transcriptions, so...
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sebastian

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 18, 2014, 06:59:16 PMI kind of got the "perma-no" and I don't plan on doing transcriptions, so...
Oh. To bad  :-\

FierceDeity

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 18, 2014, 06:53:00 PMyou'll need more experience with transcribing if your going to be a Vet. Arranger.

yeah maestro learn to transcribe, ya noob
it's not like your actual arrangements require that knowledge and more, or anything

Zunawe

By the way, I have very little experience with this stuff, but this could possibly help with counting downloads: http://techsplurge.com/2364/track-dropbox-downloads-simple/
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

The Deku Trombonist

Downloads are already counted in order to calculate the popularity bar, so I guess it should be too much of a stretch for Jamaha to include a total somewhere.

Zunawe

Now that I think about it, I probably should have considered how dated some of these posts were concerning the addition of the popularity thing. I was wondering how that was managed without numbers.

Never mind that last post.

Instead of replacing the meter, maybe just change the tooltip to display the number used (whether it's total downloads, average downloads per week, or downloads in the last week).
Example: "### total downloads"; "### downloads/week"; "### downloads in the last week"
The number is nice, but the meter lets those numbers be compared to each other easier. People don't know how significant 100 downloads in a week is.

Also, if the system is currently based on total downloads (and I don't think it is), I'd rather see it based around recent popularity: downloads/time span. That would reflect current popularity better.

I program things

FierceDeity

I think it's already based on the third. Not entirely sure on that, though.

Maelstrom

Quote from: FierceDeity on June 18, 2014, 08:10:41 PMI think it's already based on the third. Not entirely sure on that, though.
Correct. That's what Jamaha said.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Maelstrom

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26