News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: Site features

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 13, 2014, 07:20:49 AMWhy do I not see one?
It's in the corner across from the news/random stuff text that changes each time you go to a new page.

braix

Quote from: maelstrom. on August 13, 2014, 07:39:04 AMIt's in the corner across from the news/random stuff text that changes each time you go to a new page.
I thought we were talking about the main site
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Gallahaut

Not sure what other people think of this but I think it would be really cool if this site allowed multiple arrangements of pieces. I understand how sloppy this feature has the potential to get, but I think it could be effective as well. Like if there were a tab for the pieces with multiple arrangements and a sort of rating feature so that people can check out the highest rated arrangements... or if they feel like the top rated arrangement isn't one they like, they have the option of looking through others as well. Every arranger is different and may have something unique to offer. (Of course, if an arrangement is extremely poor quality it would be great if there were a feature to report that sort of thing as well).

Another thing that would be great is if you can click on the arrangers name to view all of their arrangements (rather than going to the section with the list of all be arrangers)

Maelstrom

That has been suggested in the past and turned down. We try to have only the highest caliber of arrangements put onto the site, and actual arrangements are much too hard to consistently check for quality. That said, there are some pretty terrible pieces on the site that won't be removed until replacements are made.

Gallahaut

Okay, but I'm still super down for rating the arrangements and reporting bad ones (on the main site).

I also like that idea of linking YT vids to arrangements.

Aquatunic

so um... i'm new to the forum, although i've been using the site for a while to find arrangements to play. the idea i have is kind of undeveloped and just something that may need to be thrown around a bit if anything is to be made out of it. i think it may be a good idea to have a section specifically for arrangements for larger ensembles such as flute quartets, woodwind trios, or brass quintets. (etc.) Maybe even some orchestral arrangements would wind up there too. i don't know exactly what you would do, if you would make a new section, or mix it in with the other arrangements or what would go on. I just think it may be interesting to have ninsheetmusic's arrangements expand from just piano, onto bigger ensembles. anyway... that's my two cents that people may or may not care about.

AwesomeYears

I'm going to post Bespinbens reply, so...

Quote from: King Sammer on Today at 01:06:43 PM
Post somewhere else.
It's his first post. Give him some slack.

Quote from: Aquatunic on Today at 01:02:11 PM
*orchestral submissions request*

Yeah, NSM has had plenty talk on this subject. It just doesn't seem like it's going to happen. There are though a few members who write orchestral and ensembles pieces in their Personal Arrangement threads

Aquatunic

Quote from: AwesomeYears on February 14, 2015, 06:13:53 PMI'm going to post Bespinbens reply, so...

Quote from: King Sammer on Today at 01:06:43 PM
Post somewhere else.
It's his first post. Give him some slack.

Quote from: Aquatunic on Today at 01:02:11 PM
*orchestral submissions request*

Yeah, NSM has had plenty talk on this subject. It just doesn't seem like it's going to happen. There are though a few members who write orchestral and ensembles pieces in their Personal Arrangement threads

Oh, that's a bit lame, but it does make sense, not many people probably write for larger-ish ensembles. Although it would be cool to find an oboe, piano duet for stayin alive from portal or something along those lines.

The Deku Trombonist

It just presents a whole lot of logistical issues from a staff perspective. We have enough on our hands trying to keep on top of piano sheets.

There used to be a website with ensemble arrangements but it shut up shop. Personally, I'd love it if it could be resurrected or if someone would like to start up a new one. But as I said, it'd just be too difficult for us to try and cater for everything.

Maelstrom

Check Jompa and Maestro's arrangement pages if you want stuff not just for piano.

JDMEK5

You could theoretically request an ensemble arrangement of something if you wanted. I'm not sure where exactly to post such a thing but you could. Though it may not yield much often times.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26