The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: Site features

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 25, 2015, 12:17:56 PMAce Attorney has hit the arrangement requirement.
There are now 16 Ace Attorney sheets on the site.
What requirement?

Tobbeh99

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 24, 2015, 07:47:51 PMI think they're asking for a more quantifiable answer.

Would it be unreasonable for something like:

At least 3 games within the series/franchise to have arrangements and at least 15/20 sheets in total between them.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

Yeah, that still needs to be discussed among the staff.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 25, 2015, 02:58:33 PM
Ok sorry. I could of just looked back :P

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 25, 2015, 03:06:24 PMYeah, that still needs to be discussed among the staff.
I hope it works out. I really like that idea.

Altissimo

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 25, 2015, 11:21:42 AMI think this has been discussed previously but, it would be nice if you could see number of downloads/week ,or whatever that popularity meter shows, when you hold over the popularity bar.

Yeah, this would be cool.

skiaak

MusicXML is like the "universal" language among scorewriters, Ninsheetnusic should support it!
Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

JDMEK5

Quote from: skiaak on August 29, 2015, 02:25:04 PMMusicXML is like the "universal" language among scorewriters, Ninsheetnusic should support it!
Now that's a thought.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Maelstrom

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Maelstrom

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 25, 2015, 12:17:56 PMAce Attorney has hit the arrangement requirement.
There are now 16 Ace Attorney sheets on the site.
Imo, the Ace Attorney series would benefit more from it than any other series simply because the games do not sort together alphabetically.

Altissimo

skiaak

I think we should categorize by consoles. If we do it by series, well... the list would just keep getting longer making it harder to scroll down. The design I mean is sort of like vgmusic's design.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: skiaak on August 30, 2015, 08:42:22 AMI think we should categorize by consoles. If we do it by series, well... the list would just keep getting longer making it harder to scroll down. The design I mean is sort of like vgmusic's design.

I don't think so. I think most people prefer to have it categorized as series since there such a wast amount of games and different games for each system it seem a bit illogical. And the list wouldn't be much shorter I believe, it would be as long as there are games for that system and songs arranged for that, meaning that NES's list would be very long for example.

And at current state this isn't much of a problem, the only series having maybe to long lists are Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, maybe Pokémon and Other.

One suggestion I have however is that if you click on "sheet music" on the main site you'll see the option of searching for arrangements based on series, arrangers or consoles and below if you want to search for Duets.
I think it would be great if we had this search function implemented on the front page somewhere. I think it would be a better design choice and making it easier if people want to search for those categories.
I've also thought the design on "sheet music" looks a bit poor. The text looks so tiny and then below an entire blank page. The poor design probably has with people not caring much about the subfolders ("sheet music" "About" "FAQ" "Staff").

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

skiaak

Nice idea Tobbeh! In addition, you could maybe click to expand the list  of games on a series page.

Altissimo

Quote from: skiaak on August 30, 2015, 10:23:43 AMNice idea Tobbeh! In addition, you could maybe click to expand the list  of games on a series page.

Hmm, are you talking like, when you enter a page it shows you the games and then you click on each game to show its songs? That would actually probably be a great design feature, since as it is now with the games being alphabetical and some games having like the entire 50+ song soundtrack arranged, it's a bit messy and long.