The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: Site features

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Chrome has an extension for banning sites for a time limit.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Sebastian

Would it be possible to add a "Total Number of Arrangements" statistic to each Arranger Name?
For example:
Spoiler
[close]

braix

eh idk if that'd be very neccesary or useful to most people; you could just count can't you?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

Quote from: braixen1264 on March 22, 2016, 05:13:49 PMeh idk if that'd be very necessary or useful to most people; you could just count can't you?
Of course you could count, but it does take a while especially the more arrangements there are.
I actually do think it would be a very useful feature especially to guests.

Waddle Bro

No offense but it seems to serve no purpose except for supporting possible bragging rights. You claim it's useful to guests, but how? tbh i fail to see the use, please enlighten me.

mikey

I for one would like to see numbers
not necessarily my own, mostly others' but yes
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: Waddle Bro on March 22, 2016, 05:23:33 PMNo offense but it seems to serve no purpose except for supporting possible bragging rights. You claim it's useful to guests, but how? tbh i fail to see the use, please enlighten me.
It would help the arrangers keep their sheets organized. Take me for example. I am nearing the 40000 character limit on my Arrangement Thread OP and I am going take all the "On the Site" arrangements off the OP to free up some space.
Spoiler
[close]
With this statistic, it would greatly help the organization.
It'd also be an interesting statistic for the guests.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 22, 2016, 05:30:39 PMI for one would like to see numbers
not necessarily my own, mostly others' but yes
Basically this.
In concordance with the other reasons above, it would be cool to have some more stats. I do have some more that I could've brought up, but this one seems to have the most use in my opinion.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Sebastian on March 22, 2016, 05:34:34 PMIt would help the arrangers keep their sheets organized. Take me for example. I am nearing the 40000 character limit on my Arrangement Thread OP and I am going take all the "On the Site" arrangements off the OP to free up some space.
Spoiler
[close]
With this statistic, it would greatly help the organization.
I fail to see the effect "total sheet number" has on organizing your sheets, if you take those arrangements off your page, they are still gonna be on the site and the number wouldn't change. Am I wrong? seems like a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

Quote from: Sebastian on March 22, 2016, 05:34:34 PMIt'd also be an interesting statistic for the guests.
I'm sure someone might see it fascinating, but you were advertising it as useful:
Quote from: Sebastian on March 22, 2016, 05:20:17 PMI actually do think it would be a very useful feature especially to guests.
"interesting" doesn't correlate with "very useful" my friend :s

I'm sure it can be interesting and you'd like more stats, but I fail to see it serving any purpose other than that, that's why I was asking for clarification!! if you're claiming something to be "very useful" or "necessary" there should be reasons to why that is!!

Latios212

Quote from: Sebastian on March 22, 2016, 05:20:17 PMI actually do think it would be a very useful feature especially to guests.
If it existed visitors would likely mistake quantity for quality. (XXX must be really good, he has a ton of sheets!) In reality sure I guess it might be fun to look at but I think it's misleading.

Quote from: Sebastian on March 22, 2016, 05:20:17 PMOf course you could count, but it does take a while especially the more arrangements there are.
If you want the number of sheets someone has on site just Ctrl+F (or whatever search is on your computer) for the arranger name on the arranger page and subtract one.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Seems to me to just be a narcissism thing.
As far as your predicament w/ character limit, can't you just list a bunch of arrangements and say "all on site"?
If there is some use for guests, I'd love to see it implemented, but chances are it's somewhat ignored (I'm curious to see how many even go read the arranger's page and whatnot).

Idea of the moment (though I recognize this is a rather unimportant detail): On the arrangers page, enable the arranger to give some information as to who they are if they'd like. To be clear, this would only occur on their page, so you'd see something like,

Sebastian

*blurb*

Arrangements:

Just a thought.
what is shitpost

Dudeman

I like the idea of a little personalized comment about each arranger, but there are still a lot of really well-done arrangements on the site by people who have long since moved on, and it wouldn't really feel fair to introduce that now. But I still like the idea regardless. Maybe we can come up with something that plays well to both crowds. Or maybe we can write something up about retired members ourselves. Idk.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book