News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: Site features

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trasdegi

Oh, I didn't know that. So 1 more game than wouldn't have a star and than we haven't to check.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 22, 2017, 02:59:58 PMI would rather not have this "star system" on the site. That would look tacky and probably confuse visitors. May be just in a thread somewhere on the forums?

Yeah, people would find it strange to have games with 20 sheets or more and no star, and games with just 1 sheet and a star because this only sheet is up to today's standards. So maybe only put stars for games with all scores done and up to the standards, and have somewhere on the forums a list of games which doesn't need any fixing, but have tracks missing

mikey

It's like putting a band aid over a cut until it heals
unmotivated

Trasdegi

I just thought: but for games like Pokemon SMD, who came out really recently, there shouldn't be any problem, but... I just checked and there's a formatting issue in one of them. Sad.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 22, 2017, 03:05:42 PMThere were Undertale sheets on-site before the arrangement project update.

But those were accepted in the current submission system...? So why shouldn't they be up to standards?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Trasdegi

The URL is missing. I really don't know how this got trough the submission system without being noticed

Olimar12345

Quote from: Trasdegi on September 22, 2017, 03:27:19 PMThe URL is missing. I really don't know how this got trough the submission system without being noticed

No it isn't?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Trasdegi

Maelstrom

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 22, 2017, 02:59:58 PMI would rather not have this "star system" on the site. That would look tacky and probably confuse visitors. May be just in a thread somewhere on the forums?
Kinda with Oli on this. It's not a marker normal people would notice, understand, or even care about. It'd be easier just to keep a list on the forums, as oli said

Cobraroll

An even simpler and more user-friendly solution: Mark the games where we have the full OST arranged. Don't consider the quality of the arrangements just yet, chances are many users wouldn't know enough about that to need it, but I think they'd be interested in seeing which games have the entire soundtrack on site.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Maelstrom

mikey

How about a little gold circle with the letters "QA" and on the top of the site sort of where the link to the forum is there's a legend that has gold star for complete game and medal for quality assured
unmotivated

Latios212

Quote from: Trasdegi on September 22, 2017, 03:27:19 PMI really don't know how this got trough the submission system without being noticed
Mistakes happen. That's why we have this
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Trasdegi

It's already in Yug's nsm audit, so I don't think it's worth posting it in the error thread

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Trasdegi on September 23, 2017, 11:01:44 AMIt's already in Yug's nsm audit, so I don't think it's worth posting it in the error thread
No, that's not how the audit should be thought of. Post the mistake in the error thread, and I'll worry about taking it off the spreadsheet.