News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Con Pedale

Started by sunnydelight18, May 22, 2013, 09:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunnydelight18

Can somebody tell me how, or if it's possible, to create a con pedale in Finale Songwriter 2012 that you can hear in the MUS file? I can write it in the text if necessary, but I'd like to apply it so I can here it during playback.

JDMEK5

I don't know if it's the same in songwriter as Finale but what you do in finale is:
SmartShape tool --> Hold Ctrl and hit "Custom Line Tool" (Hold option on mac) --> Scroll until you find "Ped." (with ending).
Hit that, and the Custom Line Tool will basically count as "Ped."

Try that. It might be different on songwriter though; I'm not sure.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

sunnydelight18

Holding Ctrl while having SmartShape selected does nothing. There is a "Line Tool" but it just makes a line that does nothing.  :P

JDMEK5

Must not be available in songwriter....
You'll need someone who's more familiar with songwriter.

If all else fails, post your song and what you need here, and we'll take care of it for you.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

sunnydelight18

I actually found it. It doesn't have the "con pedale" mark, but it does have a "led".

Thanks, though. :)

Zunawe

I'm pretty sure that's "Ped." As in pedal. Not that it matters.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bloop

Oh, so it's not Leo. MY WHOLE LIFE WAS A LIE.

Ricky

Quote from: Bloop on May 23, 2013, 11:42:30 AMOh, so it's not Leo. MY WHOLE LIFE WAS A LIE.
Haha, once I also thought it was Leo.

sunnydelight18

Oh, wow. I'm a genius.

I just thought it was a really fancy, cursive 'L'. xD

FireArrow

I thought it was led as well, then my piano teacher was like lolwut.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

What I never even once thought that
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jamaha

Hooray for light-emitting diodes.

Olimar12345

Just to clarify:

-The "Ped" and "*" markings, found in the articulations tool, mean apply and release the sustain pedal. They are notated below the LH. This is usually used for marking specific pedal usage.

-con pedale simply means "with pedal", and is common to see in piano literature(written under the LH). My version of finale (Finale 2012) doesn't have it pre made, but it can be easily created using the expressions tool (under "expressive text"). Creating it will also make playback function properly. To signify an end to the pedal usage, simply write "senza pedale" under the measure it applies to. (create it the same way you would con pedale)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!