News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Who is your musical hero?

Started by Jiggyhunter, June 07, 2013, 01:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky

Quote from: FireArrow on June 07, 2013, 02:49:58 PMBach.

Is this is even a question?
Yes, which Bach? Sure, J.S. Bach is more famous but for example his sons played an important role in the history of music. W.A. Mozart once said something like: "Bach is the father, we are the sons." and in fact he was referring to C.P.E. Bach (the most famous of J.S. Bach's sons). J.C. Bach (another of Bach's sons) was an inspiration for W.A. Mozart's concerto style. W.A. Mozart discovered J.S. Bach later in life.

As for the thread topic, depends how musical hero is defined. In my case I've been wanting to compose and have in fact recently started composing some (nothing finished yet) and the music of alot of composers is inspiring. You could say I have lots of musical heroes but to mention a few: J.S. Bach, Antonio Vivaldi, G.F. Handel, G.P. Telemann, W.A. Mozart, Joseph Haydn, Ludwig van Beethoven, Franz Schubert, Frederick Chopin, Jean Sibelius, Carl Nielsen, Claude Debussy, Maurice Ravel, Henry Cowell, Leo Ornstein, Anton Bruckner, Erik Satie, Dmitri Shostakovich, John Barry, Tomohito Nishiura, Michael Giacchino... Basically I try to listen to lots of classical, film, TV and video game music.

Jompa

Yoko Kanno!!

I know there exists better, but I haven't heard of them^.^
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

JDMEK5

I forgot to add Toshiro Masuda.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Jiggyhunter

I also forgot, Joe Hisashi is an awesome composer and a great pianist. :3

Pit0010

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 07, 2013, 06:36:09 PMJascha Heifetz

Yes~

I would say Koji Kondo and my composition teacher have inspired me to composer lots of great music.
For violin...Sarah Chang :P and Jascha Heifetz :P
For Piano...my mum :)
and I would say Giora Schmidt playing my favourite concerto (Barber Concerto) really helps me aim for the best :P

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

SlowPokemon

Danny Elfman and Joe Hisaishi are my musical heroes.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pit0010

haha Joe Hisaishi. Just a genius
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Sebastian

John Williams, Koji Kondo and My Dad  8)