News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Friends, Family, and Fans of NSM

Started by Winter, June 10, 2013, 11:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

Hey there, NSM. It's been a while since I've posted anything on the site, not to mention the forums! I've got a new type of update for you today. Rather than standing in front of you today with a list of sheets, or the status of the website, I'm here today to talk about you! After working at NSM for over 2 years, I'm honestly a bit tired, and for the last few months I've been on vacation. During that time I have looked at the internet from the eyes of a regular person (whatever that means) and I've seen how much on an influence NSM has had on a whole lot of people! I used to think that the forums made up everybody that used NSM, as I didn't really venture far from the site. But in reality, a lot of people have been using us as a tool for a long time. But, why am I telling you this?

For almost ten years, many extraordinary people have used our sheets, some of which came to the forums to meet us, but many people don't. I want to take a moment to shine the spotlight away from NSM today, and point it at the individual people who make up who we are. We've got the staff, we've got the arrangers, and we've got the forum members, but who else?

We're forgetting about the WHOLE WORLD!

I've created a playlist on our Youtube channel that has an assortment of performances. Each and every one of these amazing people either used NSM to help them learn the song, or have been influenced by NSM in some way throughout their life. That's something that all you arrangers should be very proud of! Some of these people have become famous, while some of them aren't, but they are all amazing!

The playlist can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDmyGlnnxQZOYfrWvhk10DW7R0eZ_C4HC

The playlist is short now, but I urge you to help me make it bigger and bigger. Contact me, Winter with a link to a youtube video that belongs in this playlist, and I'll be happy to add it. Heck you can even make a video just for the occasion if you want!

My contact details can be found by clicking the link above and reading the description of the playlist.

Oh, there's more! Me and Concerto will be reviving the Community Video project, and getting things rolling once again. It's summer again, and now that school's out, let's use our time wisely. I will update you all in the forum shortly.

Remember, if you're reading this, you are valued by everybody here at NinSheetMusic. And no matter what happens, us nerds have got to stick together!

Winter

The above message is from me to the world, this post is from me to everybody here at the forum.

In the playlist you'll see that a number of the performers are members of the forum. What's important here is that you are are all individuals who are unique. You're all pretty badass, and It's been quite a ride.

I came here when I was 16, I was young and immature, and some of my old posts are actually pretty embarrassing. It's 2013 now, and I'm a pretty different person. You guys here made me who I am today. I spent hours on the internet just to be with all of you. I enjoyed my time here so much that I began to care about the site as a whole. That's why I tried so hard to become staff here. It's because I care about NSM and everybody that is a part of it. A lot of you guys are very great friends of mine, and are very near and dear to me. You know who you are!

I've been gone for a few months, but it really seems like longer, there's so many new people here, and so many people have left, I'm not going to mention any names in particular, but I'm pretty distraught about a certain few people that no longer are a part of NSM.

Lets all try hard to put the past behind us and remember that we're all extraordinary human beings, we have a lot of things in common, and can achieve great things. Without all of you, NSM would not exist.

Thanks for everything. And the question I know you all want an answer to: Am I going to do updates any time soon?

The answer is no. I'm going to spend some time on the Video Project, and look for a job in real life. Deku has done a very good job while I've been away, and I'll be assisting him just like I always have. But my priorities lie in other places right now.

I love you all!

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

steventheslayer

Another perspective post? Ok.

I came here, and by came here I mean just used the sheets, when I was... idk, 13? Ish? Maybe 12?

It really was my first real use of the internet, since before that I didn't need it. it really helped my sight-reading, not to mention knowing a lot of great songs.
I don't even...

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Winter on June 10, 2013, 11:39:12 PMThe answer is no. I'm going to spend some time on the Video Project, and look for a job in real life. Deku has done a very good job while I've been away, and I'll be assisting him just like I always have. But my priorities lie in other places right now.

He has? I don't think so. I haven't seen evidence of anyone except Olimar doing anything for the site. Forgive me, Winter, but we need to update the sheets on the site, not make a YouTube playlist. People come to this site to get sheet music, not watch videos, and let's face it: if they wanted to see these videos, a quick YouTube search would be just as easy. I fail to see how this playlist is a worthwhile endeavor at all.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 11, 2013, 10:45:30 AMHe has? I don't think so. I haven't seen evidence of anyone except Olimar doing anything for the site. Forgive me, Winter, but we need to update the sheets on the site, not make a YouTube playlist. People come to this site to get sheet music, not watch videos, and let's face it: if they wanted to see these videos, a quick YouTube search would be just as easy. I fail to see how this playlist is a worthwhile endeavor at all.
He said the NSM community video project, not the playlist.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Winter

Yep, I'm not going to stand here and tell you I can promise to post an update, because I can't right now. I do have enough time throughout the day to help out with the video project, and since I can, I will! ^^

I've been gone for a long time, Slow. Both Deku and Olimar have worked on the site since I've been gone, apologies for not being completely accurate.

marioguy

I played two songs on piano and posted them on YouTube as well. Both of them are from Mother.

Pollyanna
Eight Melodies

Dragonite

o.o Thanks for that playlist, and everyone in it. Game music is nice, but listening to peoples' individual covers of it is even better.

DrP

!!

Also, I've noticed. It seems when someone is promoted to a mod, they do a few updates with gusto and then... poof.

They don't do them anymore.

Everyone just gets busy.

JDMEK5

We've had better progress since Olimar became a mod. Things haven't slowed down since. (Maybe not as fast as originally intended yet, but monthly updates are better than the way it was. :P)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

marioguy

Quote from: marioguy on June 23, 2013, 08:35:31 PMI played two songs on piano and posted them on YouTube as well. Both of them are from Mother.

Pollyanna
Eight Melodies
How come these weren't added to the playlist yet? Are they not good enough? I tried. :'(

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Winter

Added Pollyanna. Trying to do one per person