News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

What notes are these?

Started by sunnydelight18, June 23, 2013, 09:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunnydelight18

Apparently I can't hear fast enough to pick out this intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc4fgDObZ4w

I know it ends in E, but that's all I've got.

FireArrow

Did you try slowing it down in windows media player? Copy-paste the url here and download the mp3.

I'll try helping you if you still can't get it.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

sunnydelight18

I was not aware that you could do that. I'll try that, thanks!

FireArrow

Quote from: sunnydelight18 on June 23, 2013, 10:23:56 AMI was not aware that you could do that. I'll try that, thanks!

Oh, no problem. I doubt I'd be able to arrange anything past 80bpm without it.  :P

sunnydelight18

That's good to know that it has that feature. That helped me out a lot.

I used to try to slow songs down with Audacity, but it changed the pitch too much.

FireArrow

Quote from: sunnydelight18 on June 23, 2013, 12:09:27 PMThat's good to know that it has that feature. That helped me out a lot.

I used to try to slow songs down with Audacity, but it changed the pitch too much.

I tried and failed to use Audacity as well, but then Echo told me that there is a way to change the tempo without changing the pitch with it (not that I know how to do that...)

Jub3r7

In audacity, just use "Change Tempo" to change speed and not pitch.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

sunnydelight18

I'm rather sad that I didn't know how to do either of those things. My arranging would have gone MUCH faster.

Ricky

Maybe reducing the tempo can be helpful if you want to arrange quicker but for ear training practice I believe it's not so useful as you need to practice recognizing different musical elements at the correct tempo. Correct me if I'm wrong.