News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

What are your favorite anime?

Started by SlowPokemon, August 30, 2014, 05:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I don't know if we have any sort of thread for this, and with the recent news of more Haruhi universe animation coming in 2015, it reminded me that I actually used to actively talk about anime on here. So everyone, just list a few anime series that are your favorites. It doesn't really matter if more than one person lists the same anime, since I'm just sort of more curious about everyone's preferences than anyone else.

My favorites:
1. Kids on the Slope
2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
3. Mawaru Penguindrum
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Echo

1. Kaiji
2. Nichijou

Might add some more later, but those two stood out off the top of my head.

Jompa

Sorry for the long list, but watching anime is what I do:
(I split the list in two to separate the super-great ones from the great ones.)

Space Brothers
Kanon 2006
Clannad
Cowboy Bebop
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Kaleido Star
Bakemonogatari
Fist of the North Star
Eureka Seven
From the New World
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Nana
Welcome to the NHK!
Eden of the East
Little Busters!

Princess Tutu
Psycho-Pass
Chobits
The World God Only Knows
Kids on the Slope
Penguindrum
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Steins;Gate
Monster
Level E
Shiki
Space Dandy
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Sister Princess

Kaiji's pretty good. I really should finish it.
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

I haven't watched much anime, but I consider 95% of the stuff I've seen is great. Usually I just don't finish the series if I don't have faith in it being good enough to keep me watching.
My absolute favourite anime is Melancholy(as it is the sole definition of perfection), but I decided to add other stuff in there as well that I feel all of you should watch(I added them in the order in which they came into my mind). I'll also split my list into two parts, the mind-blowingly AWESOME and the stuff I've watched and I really, really liked it. (Using the English translated name if I prefer the dub over sub)

From the New World
Kimi to Boku
Kids on the Slope

Kokoro Connect (sub)
Suki-tte Ii na yo
Shiki (dub)
Noucome

idk if I've forgotten something

Also The Legend of Korra is technically not anime, but I want to mention how it's one of the best and my favourite shows.

FireArrow

Kodomo no Jikan really touched my heart, and I'm only one episode in.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Jompa on August 31, 2014, 12:56:24 AMPsycho-Pass

Does Psycho-Pass change much from the first few episodes, I've had it recommended to me but 2 episodes in it just seems to be a weird minority report - blade runner ripoff with genero anime tropes everywhere (esp with main character)

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Trigun
Soul Eater
Kids on the Slope
Fooly Cooly
Nichijou
Samurai Champloo

I know there's more but I haven't been watching much anime lately, besides the stuff cycling through Toonami and Naruto Shippuden, which despite having watched all 370-something current episodes, I can firmly state it does not belong on any "best anime" lists. It really kicks ass from time to time, tho.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

I'm absolutely terrible at picking my favorite of anything off of the top of my head (or even with a lot of thinking) so I'll just list the ones that I gave a 10/10 on myanimelist or others that come to mind (bolded are the special favorites)

Cowboy Bebop
Nisekoi
Durarara!!
Attack on Titan
FMA: Brotherhood
Clannad After Story
Kids on the Slope
Eden of the East
Space Dandy
Hyouka
Haikyuu!!
Free! (seasons 1+2)
Tokyo Ghoul
Barakamon
Ao Haru Ride
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun

Movies:
Whisper of the Heart
Castle in the sky
Hotarubi no Mori e
Colorful

Howl's Moving Castle
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Girl who Leapt through Time

Jompa

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 02, 2014, 03:52:26 PMDoes Psycho-Pass change much from the first few episodes, I've had it recommended to me but 2 episodes in it just seems to be a weird minority report - blade runner ripoff with genero anime tropes everywhere (esp with main character)
the first few episodes are kinda uninteresting. I had to try twice to actually keep watching, but yes, it changes quite a bit from that after some episodes!
Birdo for Smash