News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Running emulators beyond the N64 is more of a problem with the emulator than computer speed. They're okay, but keyboard controls for games specifically designed for controllers don't work out too well. Some of the MM rooms would be frustrating without a controller.

I only emulate games that are next to impossible for me to legitimately play. Like Pokemon Emerald, for example. I don't have any sort of Gameboy, and I don't really value getting one.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

ALPRAS

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 22, 2013, 03:33:40 PMI don't emulate games because I actually like to support the gaming companies  ::)

Perfectly understandable! But if you think about it, Nintendo (and the developers that developed games for Nintendo 64 in this case) will never lose profit by emulating a N64 emulator, since the console and its games are not for sale anymore, except in the 2nd hand market, which 0% of the money goes to Nintendo/developers, so by not emulating that console, you aren't giving to taking any money from them! :)
About Gamecube, Wii, etc, well, thats kinda different, since there are still games from those consoles for sale in some specific countries...
Anyway, I've bought a Nintendo 64 in the other day, since I always wanted one! And because I wanted to play Banjo Kazooie and Zelda OOT and MM in the original controller and in the original console :)

And about the controls, thats why I have a controller for pc, way more easier that way!

MoboMoga

Kinda crazy how this thread flourished so fast...

Ricky

The main problem with N64 emulators and games for them is the quality. There is always something that messes things up, in Goldeneye the textures get blurry and some disappear or get funny colors. In Banjo Kazooie it goes black if you dive. In Donkey Kong 64 I don't remember what it was but it wasn't possible to play it properly and so on. A notable exception is Super Mario 64 which always seems to work pretty smoothly (although the sound can disappear sometimes). As for sales, Nintendo does sell some N64 games in virtual console so at least in some cases there is no excuse to use emulators because of lack of availability or no profits due to the second hand market.

Pit0010

Here's one...I don't exactly like OoT...
I didn't play it when it came out of N64. So I didn't get that new step to 3Dish amazement feel.
So yah.

._.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

ALPRAS

Quote from: Ricky on August 23, 2013, 03:12:34 AMThe main problem with N64 emulators and games for them is the quality. In Banjo Kazooie it goes black if you dive. In Donkey Kong 64 I don't remember what it was but it wasn't possible to play it properly and so on.

Yes, that is pretty annoying some times...

Btw, I bought Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts today, and I actually love it...

Yugi

I actually liked the Bount Arc in Bleach.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

GaryOak

In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Ricky

I don't like feminism, I like gender equality. Basically feminism focuses mostly on women's issues and ignores most male issues. See this explanation:

Zunawe

I have always thought it annoying when women ask for social equality or unbiased job applications because they feel as if they've been held down, but almost expect chivalry or something of the sort (opening doors and stepping back, putting the toilet seat down, etc...). Obviously I'm not talking about all women, or even necessarily the majority, but the extremist idealists that seem to be working for an upper hand in society are rarely questioned.

I have nothing against women, I just think this whole equality thing was gone about wrongly.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

This is going to come out sexist no matter how I say it, but I think the best way for me to say it is that traits that are common in teenage girls are my least favorite traits of any human. Most teenage girls in general really really irritate me.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Quote from: Zunawe on September 04, 2013, 03:43:04 PMI have always thought it annoying when women ask for social equality or unbiased job applications because they feel as if they've been held down

Did you know in this country there's still no such thing as paid maternity leave? (There's unpaid leave though, but a baby still can't even learn to sit up at the end of 12 weeks) Or how women don't get hired for a job because their employers think they'd leave after getting pregnant and there's no point letting them start a career? And how women still earn less than men for the same work? Or how women suffer harrassment at work and more women are killed by domestic violence in the US alone (from their boyfriends/husbands) than soldiers killed in since Bush declared war in the Middle East? Also let's not get into how women in some countries are targeted in those acid-throwing attacks by men who want to ruin their lives.

Quote from: Zunawe on September 04, 2013, 03:43:04 PMbut almost expect chivalry or something of the sort (opening doors and stepping back, putting the toilet seat down, etc...)

I don't need anyone to hold the door for me or put down the toilet seat but it would be nice to make sure the toilet seat's clean before you leave. Lol.

Quote from: Zunawe on September 04, 2013, 03:43:04 PMObviously I'm not talking about all women, or even necessarily the majority, but the extremist idealists that seem to be working for an upper hand in society are rarely questioned.

I have nothing against women, I just think this whole equality thing was gone about wrongly.

I've never met one of those angry feminists in my life actually. So what would these extreme idealists sound like?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Zunawe

I almost chose not to post that because I was afraid of this. I suppose it probably makes my post seem more ignorant, but I was speaking from only my own experience, and not making an argument against the whole country or even world's way of going about it. Heck, I've never listened to a political debate or speech unless I was required to. I understand that there are countries in which women are devalued drastically, and I'm not saying that shouldn't be changed. What I think the video Ricky posted was saying is that the problems of women are emphasized and pushed to the front because they're women, the gender that has been historically undervalued.

I'm not saying that every single woman asks for chivalry. I'm saying that there are people that do, and they annoy me.

They take the feminism and turn it into a way to gain an upper hand, generally using guilt over embarrassing historical events by saying "Is it because I'm a girl?" or something like that.

Maybe I emphasized the wrong parts of my argument. I'm not arguing against the equality of the genders, I'm stating my irritation with people who take advantage of it.

I program things

Jub3r7

Quote from: Ricky on September 03, 2013, 10:33:51 PMI don't like feminism, I like gender equality. Basically feminism focuses mostly on women's issues and ignores most male issues. See this explanation:

this:
Quote from: sunnydelight18 on September 04, 2013, 04:30:10 PMProper feminism actually focuses on equality for all. It's the extremists who believe otherwise.

And unfortunately, it's the extremists that get heard the most.
feminism actually means "the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men."

gender equality. anyone who says feminism is about women > men have the wrong definition of feminism, probably due to the extremists (misandrists) who incorrectly label themselves as feminists.

Misandrist as in hater of men. Apparently that word isn't on chrome's dictionary...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]