News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 21, 2013, 07:04:41 AMPROBLEM:  This thread is unpopular opinions- Since Clanker's opinion was pretty much pooped on he wins because it's more unpopular
BOOM

Quote from: FierceDeity on December 17, 2013, 02:28:19 PMThere are no right opinions, but there are certainly wrong opinions.

Oh, and
Quote from: MasterProX on December 20, 2013, 11:39:46 PMOh yeah, so this sort of thing happened again today in my math class.
Dear god, it's like your school wants you guys to be assholes who show off all the time

Jompa

we have a piano in every class room 8)
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

Not sure if it's an unpopular opinion here, but I absolutely hate almost all Christmas music. It makes a holiday I already find somewhat repulsive at least 1000x worse. Oh Come Emmanuel and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen are the only two songs I find bearable anymore.

Correction: The two above songs and THIS ONE:

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

Don't forget this one!

But yeah. I kinda like Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You", but by the end of the month when Christmas is finally here I can't stand it after hearing it hundreds of times. Plus how everyone sings it in your face and expects you to join in

Waddle Bro

Nebbles

I don't like Christmas music either. It's annoying and I'm tired of hearing it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FierceDeity

bunch of grinches without childhoods up in here

Jk, I can kinda understand the "tired of hearing this shit" thing. I still love christmas music though :D

But I actually only just recently discovered the Michael Buble christmas album, and I love it. Especially his frosty the snowman arrangement. It reminds me a lot of magic flea by Sammy Nestico (and count basie and his orchestra, of course :P).

The rest of it's all just really nostalgic for me. Which, while I rant against the notion that it's a factor in determining the quality of anything, still plays a huge role in my enjoyment of it :D hell, half of the point of christmas to me is the nostalgia. Without that, to me, the idea of people spending money on gifts for each other that, all things considered, could have been better decided on by the person receiving it, seems rather absurd. Without abstract concepts like nostalgia and the "spirit of giving", christmas is just a really inefficient way of exchanging money.

...Oh, nobody was even talking about the meaning of christmas? I'll just go, then...

Jompa

Christmas music is the best! You can always play them in minor, which is fun :P
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

Quote from: FierceDeity on December 22, 2013, 04:32:56 AMBut I actually only just recently discovered the Michael Buble christmas album, and I love it.
This so much omg Michael Bublé <3

mikey

Quote from: Nebbles on December 22, 2013, 12:58:24 AMI don't like Christmas music either. It's annoying and I'm tired of hearing it.

I like the old Christmas music like the Grinch song and stuff but the new stuff they play is just garbage.
unmotivated

Bubbles

I can't stand any Charlie Brown holiday specials or their music. Apparently everyone else can though

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

MasterProX

Quote from: Bubbles on December 22, 2013, 09:12:08 PMI can't stand any Charlie Brown holiday specials or their music. Apparently everyone else can though

I personally find all Charlie Brown things too boring to watch.

FierceDeity

Quote from: Bubbles on December 22, 2013, 09:12:08 PMI can't stand any Charlie Brown holiday specials or their music. Apparently everyone else can though

Hearing the music: bearable
Having to sit and watch it as an adult with no children: bullshit
Complaining about it on the internet: Priceless.

BlackDragonSlayer

My mother and brother think the same thing. Something about the mood, I think...

For me, though, they're bearable.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber