News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Question...

Started by InsigTurtle, July 11, 2013, 04:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

So, I was arranging N's battle theme from Pokemon Black/White, and since this is my first time trying to post a sheet here, I didn't know how I should arrange it. I have two versions of the same song: one of them has three staffs, and contains a not-so prominent instrument, while the other one has two staffs, and ignores it when possible. Which one should I put up for consideration?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o92tmcifzdk509f/battlen1.mus.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5d71zvj9wgh8yil/battlen2.mus.zip
(This isn't a submission yet, I just want to know what I should do.)

JDMEK5

I don't have time right now to actually see said sheets so I'm going to try to give you an answer based on what you have told me:

If you want this sheet on the main site, it can only have piano unless it is absolutely necessary to include a bit of percussion. Even then, you may only use things like foot stomps and hand claps. Stuff you can do on a piano. (And at the same time as what's being played on the keys)
But in the case of N's battle theme, piano alone is plenty. There is no need for anything more. (Three staves of piano is fine, but anything besides piano is not in this case)

What I just said may be altered by a mod cause that was my 'pretty-sure' answer. I'm really not the person you're looking for; I was just giving you an idea of the way I think it works.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

InsigTurtle

I think I may have badly worded my question. I was wondering if I should add the flute tremolos to the sheet music, as they play in some parts that make them extremely difficult to play.

Clanker37

I assume by flute tremolos, you mean the demi-semiquaver runs at bars 13 and 15, and continue in that fashion until 28 in battlen2. I would say it's unnecessary for a solo arrangement, since you already have something to do in the left and right hand. For a duet arrangement  it would be almost necessary. However, you'd have to ask a MOD for their take. Or just put it up for submission and seer what happens :)

It's a good arrangement btw.