News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Steam Trading

Started by Zunawe, July 14, 2013, 12:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

With the recent release of trading cards in Steam, I figured this would be a good topic for people who really like achievements. Currently in Steam, you can only sell and buy cards for real money, which means that if you're looking to trade for a specific card, you have to sell your card and buy the one you want, hopefully at around the same price.

I'll try to set up a format for this to see how it works out.

How to make an offer/request
Offering (No Specific Preference):
   To offer a card you have for another, state the game, card, and a link to your Steam inventory. The head should be blue so that I can easily organize and add them. You would be offering a card in case you got a duplicate that you don't want or something along those lines. Here's how it should look:

[color=blue][u]Offering[/u][/color]
[b]Game:[/b] {GAME NAME}
[b]Card:[/b] {CARD NAME}
[url=LINKTOINVENTORY]{FORUM NAME} Inventory[/url]

Offering
Game: Bastion
Card: The Wilds
Zunawe Inventory

Requesting:
   This will be basically the same thing, but you'll be asking for a card in exchange for something in your inventory. State the game, card, and a link to your Steam inventory. The head should be red so that I can easily organize and add them.

[color=red][u]Requesting[/u][/color]

Requesting
Game: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Card: Mason Man-at-arms
Zunawe Inventory

Requesting Trade for Specific Game/Card:
   You may be asking yourself "But what if I want to specifically trade this card for that card without having to decline multiple people?" Because people speak to their computers in that manner when wondering how to do something. Basically, you just add on what you'd like to get back. State what you're offering in the same way as above, and then add what you are requesting underneath. The head should be purple. If you understand the color wheel, you'll see what I did there.

[color=purple][u]Trade Request[/u][/color]
[i]OFFERING[/i]

[i]FOR[/i]

Trade Request
OFFERING
Card: Mason Archer

FOR
Card: Mason Man-at-arms
Zunawe Inventory

If you don't want a specific card from a game, you may write "Any" instead of the card name. If you don't want a specific card, but still want something you don't have, you may write "Any Unowned" instead of the card name. The same applies for the game name slot for any unowned cards from any game. And finally, if you would like any card from any game that you own, you may write "Any" instead of the game name. It is assumed that if you're looking to trade for any card at all, you would just use the offer instead.

If there is extra information you would like to add to any request, you may add a section labeled "Special" after the link to your inventory. This can be used if you are trying to get multiple cards from one game with the same request. See below post for example. Please do not add anything not relevant to the specifics of the trade itself such as why you want the card.

When a trade has been completed, restate your exact request/offer/trade request with a very large, green, hard to miss
COMPLETE
above it. This tells me to remove your request/offer/trade request from the original post.

If you wish to withdraw a request, do the same with a very large, red, hard to miss
REDACT
above it. This is just for clarification in the thread in case somebody really wants to trade after you've given up.
[close]

Any information without a specific place in the above templates shall be discussed in private or in the thread. Not added to the request itself. A card is to be considered equal to a card for the purpose of making these requests. If you believe a card to be more valuable than another, state so in the special section.

IMPORTANT: If your inventory is not set to public in Steam, people may not be able to see it.

Current Offers
Spoiler
[close]

Current Requests
Spoiler
[close]

Current Trade Requests
Spoiler
[close]
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Zunawe

An example request that I actually would like.

Requesting
Game: Borderlands 2
Card: Any Unowned
Zunawe Inventory
Special: Prefer to trade one of my duplicates. Completed 0/3

For the summer sale, you get summer sale cards for voting on the community choice. However, you have to be level 5 to recieve anything. I'm level 4, and need to craft one badge to get up to level 5. Borderlands has the least number of cards of my games, so I'm going for that one.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Yugi

Would it be possible to trade other items, like games or TF2 Items?

Zunawe

Hey, somebody posted. It would get complicated I think trying to organize that much. A separate topic for TF2 trading would be more appropriate.

I program things

AwesomeYears

Bumping but anyone wanna trade Starbound for my copy of Binding of Isaac Rebirth? Rebirth for some reason doesn't work on my laptop.