NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

TWG LVI: Silence Will Fall

Started by FSM-Reapr, July 22, 2013, 05:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

TWG LVI: Silence Will Fall

The game's universal effect: Post-Hypnotic Vote Control

The Silence don't like to be seen. After you turn your head from a Silent, it'll wipe every last bit of your memory about them and leave a hypnotic suggestion in your mind. That suggestion enables you to be antagonistic against the Silent you met. Or the suggestion enables you to vote your companion, who knows?

The way the effect works, is that after you have placed a vote on someone, you can never place a vote on that same person again. For example, let's say Player 1 voted for Player 2 on Day 1. After that, Player 1 can never place a vote against Player 2 for the rest of the game. If the Player runs out of people to vote, he'll die because repeated memory wipes will fry your head, eventually.

The Silence(Wolves)
Technically speaking, The Silence is not a species, it is a religious order. Their core belief is that the silence will fall when the question is asked. The first question, the oldest question in the Universe, hidden in plain sight.

1. Silent
2. Silent
3. Silent

The Doctor's Army(Humans)
There were numerous people throughout time and space who owed the Doctor a debt for helping them; the Doctor was gathering an army. And here they are.

4. The Doctor - Seer
5. River Song - Vigilante
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human
10. Human
11. Human
12. Human
13. Herring (will be told he's a Human)
14. Miller (will be told he's a Human)

A couple of notes:
  • There can be a maximum of 4 votes on a player.
  • The Silence can vote whoever they want, the restrictions don't apply to them. Although I will notify them publicly that they have re-voted for someone, like I'd do with humans.
  • The Doctor cannot target a player he has already voted for in the game. River Song can.
  • If a Silent is alive and no one can target him anymore, the Silence win, even though the Silence would be outnumbered.
  • If you don't vote, your vote will be randomized and you will vote for two people. Your votes will be counted as zero and you'll be replaced. If you don't vote anyone on purpose, you'll die.
  • No cardflips.
  • The Silence know each other.
  • Screenshots are allowed.

chatroom

1. Waddle Bro
2. Mashi
3. vermilionvermin
4. BlackDragonSlayer
5. shadowkirby
6. Bubbles7689
7. K-NiGhT
8. fank009
⑨. Dude
10. TheZeldaPianist275
11. Loxo
12. The_Subjective_Thought
13. Mr. Tanooki Suit
14. FireArrow

It's Night 1. Night 1 ends on 23rd of July, 11 AM EST.

FSM-Reapr

All Role PMs have now been sent.

The Silence Role PM:
Spoiler
You are The Silence.

Your objective are to eliminate the resistance that is foiling your plans.

Elmo - Silent
Metapod - Silent
Tom Nook - Silent
[close]

The Doctor Role PM:
Spoiler
You are The Doctor - Seer.

You're the one leading a revolution against the Silence, a memory-proof species that has invaded the Earth.

Now go out there and make me proud.
[close]

River Song Role PM:
Spoiler
You are River Song - Vigilante.

This is a battle you can't be away from.
[close]

Human/Herring/Miller Role PM:
Spoiler
You are a Human, nothing out of ordinary.

Or are you?

You could even be the Herring or even a Miller!

Who knows?
[close]

The_Subjective_Thought

ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLEEEEEE???
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

Waddle Bro

tom nook

I think The Doctor should seer the player, who he thinks would be the most help(could also be second most to avoid the wolves from predicting the seering target) to him or the biggest threat if the player would happen to be a Silent.

Still planning on what are we going to do with the votes, like are we going to need like a plan of where everybody votes the player under you in the player list except for two people.

Waddle Bro

But yeah I think we should lynch Tom Nook. I owe that bastard about 600.000 bells, so this would be my chance to get rid of that payment for good.

The_Subjective_Thought

You cannot escape the raccoon mafia.

They'll renovate your house while you sleep.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

fank009

Waddle, that is a somewhat good idea, going down the line, but i feel that the plan could be manipulated.
 Best way to get past day 1 imo, is to vote to the suspicion lists, and go from there.
Also, whats the best strat for vig? I have a few ideas, but want to hear peoples opinion
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Waddle Bro

Quote from: fank009 on July 22, 2013, 07:00:55 AMAlso, whats the best strat for vig? I have a few ideas, but want to hear peoples opinion
Why won't you share your ideas?

K-NiGhT

Okay let's do this.

I am the Please claim to me

Obviously seer shouldn't claim since we have no guardian. That kinda puts us in a dangerous spot because if the Silence just HAPPEN to pick off the seer and the vigilante within the first two nights, we're seriously crippled. I'd think starting by at least night 2 we should have enough to go on to make some preliminary suspicion lists, so I'm hoping everone can do that this time.

Also bowties are cool
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Waddle Bro

vermilionvermin

wonderful idea incoming

Since we can't actually change our votes, let's just place who we really want to get lynched in 36 pt. Comic Sans.  We can change this as many times as we want.  At the end of the day we'll put four votes on a person based on a simple majority and scatter the rest of them.

Waddle Bro

possibly taking verm verm's idea further

And after the four vote limit is full on someone, people scatter their votes that people have one vote on them, so they're possible to have lynched when the game adavances.

let's make the comic sans a thing

FireArrow

Waddle Bro, I don't think anyone should be changing their votes, that just increases the number of people that you can't vote for. If we can all communicate and discuss the lynch, we won't need to do any fancy plan.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

EFitTrainr

I think that everyone should agree on a lynching target, like, EVERYONE votes for that player.
I like food.

fank009

Quote from: Waddle Bro on July 22, 2013, 07:10:39 AMWhy won't you share your ideas?
BECAUSE ITS 2 OCLOCK IN THE MORNING (when i made said post), Im mobile, AND I COULDNT be bothred writing a book.

just to clarify, if fank puts a vote on everyone day 1 (as he usually does when he's paranoid.) does fank die?
atm my understanding of the rule is that it only applies to the end of the day vote.

on a side note, i wont be able to post said idea for another 6 hrs.

verm, that ideas too boring,
shadowkirby, do you normally play this dumb???
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...