News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The "Fixing the Sheets" Initiative 2.0 - Current Target: Pokémon R/B *Done!*

Started by JDMEK5, July 25, 2013, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on June 29, 2015, 09:32:41 AMThere wasn't much in the third voice. Not that I found anyway. What I did find was an interference with the melody; most of the notes in the third voice were covered by the chords present in the melody anyway. I added a total of 4 notes. Not exactly sure if that covers "being edited," so I left the sheet in dahans' name. :P
No that's just the thing; the chords aren't supposed to be there. The melody is just single notes and the bottom notes in the chords are imagined and should be replaced with the independent second voice in a separate layer. (Compare the on-site version of Cinnabar Island with the one in the Dropbox folder for an example of what I mean when it comes to dahans' stuff.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

flygon9

Hey, it seems I'm kinda late for the party, but is Pallet Town still up for grabs?

Latios212

Hey, no problem! We'd appreciate your help!

I think I finished Pallet Town, though. You can check it out in the dropbox folder (link somewhere above) and tell me if there are any mistakes. Here are the sheets that need the most fixes right now:
Quote from: Latios212 on June 27, 2015, 04:21:23 PM"Title Screen" - Needs to be split up into "Opening Movie" and "Title Screen" as Yellow shares the same Title Screen theme. It still has many wrong notes from dahans' old sheet and note durations need to be checked as well.
"Professor Oak's Laboratory" - Third voice completely incorrect.
"Silph Co." - accidental checking, among other things.
"Opening (Yellow)" - This one's a little messy...

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

flygon9

Well I'll do what I can with Notepad. And I'm gonna be away for a week, so it'll be a little while, but I'll see what I can do.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

Haha I'm-a comin'!

EDIT: Now we need to figure out what we're gonna do regarding custom endings. Yes or no? I know that Bespinben is a supporter and while I kinda agree, I personally think that it has to depend on the situation and the way it's given. To justify a custom ending for me it would have to be at least somewhat elaborate and not just a cadence or something else just kinda thrown in. Thoughts?

ALSO: There's some discrepancy regarding "game name" on some sheets. Some read "Pokémon Red/Blue Version" while others read "Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow Version". Obviously the tracks that are Yellow Version exclusive will just read "Pokémon Yellow Version" only but should we have all three game names for those to which it applies?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

I'll post my thoughts on custom endings later cuz I'm kinda busy but for game name, I'd say Red/Blue Version mainly because the other type of naming would get messy when we get to gen 5.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Would it though? How so?

ALSO: In the dropbox folder I added a text file explaining in detail the calculation for the percentile on the Target Post. Just in case you guys were wondering. Truth actually is that it's mainly there so I don't forget it next time it needs updating.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Latios212

Either way works fine up until gen 5 where we'd have to combine "Pokémon Black/White Version" and "Pokémon Black/White Version 2"which would get really messy.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

But they're two different pairs of games. This time we did Gen 1 but if we did Gen 5, we'd prob do them separately or at least view them separately. For tracks that appear in both pairs I would actually have them relisted on the site under both names.

My Arrangements

Latios212

But most of the BW songs were carried over to BW2 just as the entire OST of RB appears in Yellow. We wouldn't re-list 45 tracks from RB under Yellow, and similarly we wouldn't want to list the BW OST twice.

Anyway this isn't that relevant right now, so is sticking with "Pokémon Red/Blue Version" fine? It doesn't really matter to me as long as we keep it consistent.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

I think we'd write "Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow" simply because the song are in yellow too, and they're are under the same category. I'd say black & White is a different case and that we should focus on Gen 1.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 14, 2015, 12:05:40 PMI'd say black & White is a different case and that we should focus on Gen 1.
I definitely agree with that.

Quote from: Latios212 on July 14, 2015, 11:49:38 AMBut most of the BW songs were carried over to BW2 just as the entire OST of RB appears in Yellow. We wouldn't re-list 45 tracks from RB under Yellow, and similarly we wouldn't want to list the BW OST twice
Actually while that's true, most of the BW2 reiterations are modified from the original. So rearranging them is fully reasonable. Unless I'm forgetting some cases.

My Arrangements

Tobbeh99

Concerning the song list in OP. What happened to Jigglypuff's song? And isn't pallet town done?

10/10 tobbeh