News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

pls no see

Started by InsigTurtle, July 30, 2013, 03:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

s

FireArrow

I  could actually see that in a video game, nice job! Keep composing, you'll only get better from here.  :)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Jub3r7

One place I like uploading just plain sound files for sharing is soundcloud.com since the audience isn't required to download it to listen, but they still have the option of downloading the song if you enable them to.

The composition sounds nice but it made me sleepy after listening to it for almost 5 minutes. What program did you make it with?

Regarding the name, if it's going to be something weird, at least make it easily pronounceable.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Jub3r7

Listen to it and imagine in your head the story it creates and the things it reminds you of. Or something. You don't actually have to name it, but if you made a lot of compositions it would probably make them easier to keep track of.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

FireArrow

"Error (403)" is much easier to pronounce! (the links broken)

InsigTurtle

Whoops. Posted the wrong link. Fixed.

InsigTurtle

Onionleaf

I'm really liking these so far! :) The very last one that you posted would fit one of the older Dragon Ball Z games so well.
Now I know next to nothing about composing so I'm not one to listen to for feedback, but the only point I'd make is that I was a little bit confused while listening to the first piece in your last post. It felt like the beginning and end of phrases sort of "merged together" and I couldn't figure out where the melody was going, but if that was intentional, it was an unusual effect. ^^

Do you add repeat bars at the end of your pieces? Because the first two minutes or so for every piece are already enough to get the point across. As far as I can tell, there's a good sense of dynamics and variations throughout the piece that still repeat the main melody and there is more than enough of that in the first half of the recording.

Thanks for sharing, I'd love to hear more from you!

Onionleaf

Quote from: rosabellis on August 18, 2013, 03:30:29 PMYeah, I use repeat bars, just to demonstrate that it repeats there. Should I edit them afterwards so they fade out after the repeat?

Awesome! The fade out effect is a great idea, but totally optional. :)

FireArrow

Actually, that's kind of impressive. This music would be incredible in a video game!

FireArrow

Actually, tbh, I don't notice them. You can tell the time signature is kinda weird (in a good way), but it's not like it just obviously changes in your face.

FireArrow