Main Menu

[NDS] Pokémon Black 2/White 2 - "Rival theme"

Started by blackhat, August 03, 2013, 01:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackhat

Does anyone have it?

Onionleaf

I hope this is the song you meant: http://youtu.be/ufFyzDbZALc
There's a fulfilled request thread on this site for this song, but uh.. it sounds awfully different from the original.
There are also a few piano MIDIs you can find on other sites (such as this one), but you probably want a PDF version, right?

What I'm trying to say is.. I've started working on it (about 50% done) with the guidance of the original MIDI file, so I'll try to make it sound as close to the original as possible. And if it stinks in the end, well.. maybe someone else could come along and fix it. ^^"

JDMEK5

1) Pokémon Black 2/White 2 is not for 3DS.
2) A youtube video to the song you want would be appreciated. Just to avoid any possible miscommunications about which song you want. (Not really a problem here but just saying for future reference)
3) I was thinking about arranging this song.... So I think I'll take a crack at it. Give me a week or so and I'll see what I can do.
4) I'm going to do it cuz I'm going to assume from what Onion said, the previous arrangement was bad. So I'm going to pretend nobody's done it before.

Happy birthday.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Onionleaf

@JDMEK5: You want to work on this one? 'Cause I kind of made a start on it already... Oh I don't mind, I'm sure that someone else would do it more justice, but it would be quite redundant if we both work on it at the same time.  ::)

Here's what I currently have (plus the oh-so-helpful MIDI for reference):
[MUS] [Original MIDI]

Let me know if you're planning on working on it. If you are, then the MUS file is at your disposal (or not, lol I'll understand if you'd decide not to use it).

JDMEK5

I started before you had the chance to respond. :P Here's what I've got so far.

But I have an idea if you still want to do this song. We could collaborate. If you want to then we should pick one of these two to build off of.
The finished product would be both of ours with both of our ideas/influences in it.

P.S. I also have a MIDI for this song. I can get my own remember? (check my sig)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Onionleaf

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 06, 2013, 08:05:38 AMI started before you had the chance to respond. :P Here's what I've got so far.
Oh wow, everyone here arranges faster than my typing speed, rofl.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 06, 2013, 08:05:38 AMBut I have an idea if you still want to do this song. We could collaborate. If you want to then we should pick one of these two to build off of.
The finished product would be both of ours with both of our ideas/influences in it.
Well, I'm trying to be of some help rather than hinder your work, so if you don't mind the collaboration, I'd gladly participate.
I could add the blank spaces that you have to your current MUS file. Is there a way that Dropbox allows for changes to be made by other people (sort of like Google Docs)? It would be extremely helpful if that could be done.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 06, 2013, 08:05:38 AMP.S. I also have a MIDI for this song. I can get my own remember? (check my sig)
Who would have thought that finding a MIDI file using a secret method would be quicker than clicking on a link? I didn't.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Onionleaf on August 07, 2013, 04:21:05 AMWell, I'm trying to be of some help rather than hinder your work, so if you don't mind the collaboration, I'd gladly participate.
I could add the blank spaces that you have to your current MUS file. Is there a way that Dropbox allows for changes to be made by other people (sort of like Google Docs)? It would be extremely helpful if that could be done.
I vote collab. I'll need your Dropbox info to get you on this shared folder. (So yes, Dropbox has auto sync features)

Quote from: Onionleaf on August 07, 2013, 04:21:05 AMWho would have thought that finding a MIDI file using a secret method would be quicker than clicking on a link? I didn't.
Let's say I trust the product of my methods more than something obtained from a random link. (I think they were obtained using the same methods anyways, but I'm playing it safe here)

My Arrangements

AmpharosAndy

Serious bump but I wanted to request this myself. Did either of you get round to this at any point?
innit

Onionleaf

I didn't get any further with this arrangement after sharing my wip MUS on this thread... and it looks like I've misplaced my original MUS file, oops.  :-\
Thus, having made 0% progress on this sheet, I have no objection to you accepting this request.