News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Easy/Beginner Arrangements

Started by SunshineFamily, August 06, 2013, 09:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunshineFamily

Quote from: Onionleaf on August 12, 2013, 10:55:21 PMHere's a sample of Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time) pieces for you, I hope no-one minds that I had a go at this.

Thanks  for doing this! I think these will work very well for them.

I changed the arrangements to a level that is one where I taught younger kids at one point. They were about 8-10 years old (give or take) and *cough* didn't practice much at home, so I basically went through everything with them during the lessons.

Sounds just like my kids- I think playing the video game songs will really motivate them. I think once they get the hang of the simpler pieces they will be eager to learn the more complicated ones!

Let me know how these go, and if they're too difficult, then I can easily change things around. Pieces are supposed to be challenging, otherwise you don't learn anything new, so if they're too easy for them, let me know about that as well. ;)

They are really beginner but I will see how they react. I agree there needs to be a challenge but right now keeping their attention is my focus. I think they will work harder to play more of the music they like so I appreciate your doing this.  ;D

PS. Not sure if they'd know what the "note = number" thing is at the top of the piece. The number represents beats per minute, so if you see 60, that means that each note of that value is played every second, 120 is two notes per second and so on. That could be a good (estimated) indication of how quickly the song should be played.

I think they were taught that, but I will refresh their memory. I would not have noticed that so thank you for pointing it out. Have a great day- and I will try and get some feedback soon.