News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Sirus's Vids (right place?)

Started by Sirus, May 17, 2008, 08:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirus

this is the video of my ensemble playing the Mario Medley that i arranged
we were the filler between the last two songs of our orchestra concert and ppl said we did good...
except we messed up and my little brother filmed it bad  :-[
especially in the beginning when like 2 seconds was cut off
oh well...

plz comment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3SO97NOEmU

i know were not the best  :-[

killers4793

the song is good but you grp is off a little bit in a lot of parts and out of tune but this is coming from me and my orchestra won a national compentition and most of us thought we should have lost and this included high schools so  we (a middle school orchestra )beat a lot of high school orchestra

random_goldfish

But you had fun, right? Haha...my orchestra never got to play anything that cool.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

blah54

i've always wanted to learn a strings instrument... some of the notes sound a little screechy, but overall its sounds decent, and playing in ensembles is much harder than solo... but im a piano player, not a strings player...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

killers4793

you should have seen what i played in 7th grade level3 piece and it was writen by our conductors bro

Sirus

Quote from: blah54 on May 18, 2008, 04:07:18 PMi've always wanted to learn a strings instrument... some of the notes sound a little screechy, but overall its sounds decent, and playing in ensembles is much harder than solo... but im a piano player, not a strings player...
yeah we got nervous and the violin squeaked b/c well theyre violins
cellos messed up a lot but oh well

thanks for the comments!

random_goldfish

Haha...squeaky violins...it happens...I have to admit that I'm too awesome to squeak (jk...but generally speaking...yeah.)  I tried that Mario Bros. 3 part with the octave shifts...it's not that easy. I've just begun to sight read it though...dang...I give you guys props....you guys sound good for a middle school orchestra. You ensamble is bigger then mine in high school anyway. We have 5 violins (2 on 1st and 3 on second...I'm concert mistress). 2 violas, 2 cellos...and here's the funny part...6 basses...ugh.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

starpikachu

THE MOST AWESOME PERFORMANCE EVER!! besides the time we did the halo theme. I don't think my orchestra can be that good but if we could play that, the 8th grade cello player would be so good at that solo considering the fact that he already knows how to play it by ear

@random_goldfish: WTF 6 basses? my ensemble has only 1 bass

random_goldfish

Yes 6 basses...it was seven earlier on in the year too.

Sirus

we have one thats going to high school
and the seventh grade one might quit and we have no begginner basses XD

thank you for the comments!