News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The NSM Community Orchestra Project II!

Started by MaestroUGC, September 18, 2013, 12:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

So the first time around I tried too much with little desire to continue working with the material at hand. This time I'm choosing the series we'll be doing so that way I'll actually have a desire  to finish this within a year.

So what'll we be playing?

Super Mario Bros.

QuoteLet's get as many people we can muster to join together to perform a piece that will be a testament to both the website as well as the fantastic talent that comes through these doors. I'm not talking about us all learning one piece to play in unison, nor am I talking about some sort of medley that this site already organizes; I'm talking about a piece, a single arrangement or medley, in which we have 10, 15, 20 pianists each playing a part unique to them! And why stop there? We could even extend this to our other instrumentalists, make this one fantastic event in which we can all participate.

Granted, we'd need someone to arrange all of this, figure out some rehearsal times, and find a way to put this all of this, but I think we could get this done before school starts back up in August. I am aware that some of us will be in school during this period, including myself; but what's the point of music if not to try something ambitious.

Once again, if you are interested in playing this please sign up with whatever instruments you want to play with. I ask that if you signup you have a means of being able to record yourself, Video preferred, but audio at the very least.

Players:
1. MaestroUGC - Piano
2. FierceDeity - Trombone, Euphonium
3. K-NiGhT - Piano, Violin
4. JDMEK5 - Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Bass, Harmonica
5. spitllama - Piano, Marimba, Vibraphone, Xylophone, Crotales, Snare Drum, Suspended Cymbal, Sleighbells, Chimes, Crash Cymbals, Cowbell, Timpani
6. Zumawe - Trombone, Euphonium
7. Nebbles - Piano
8. Olimar12345 - Bass Trombone
9. Yugi - Piano, Violin
10. MasterProx - Violin
11. TheZeldaPianist275
12. Pit0010 - Piano, Violin
13. Dusk - Piano, Acoustic Guitar
14. garlicbananas - Horn
15. SuperFireKirby - Acoustic Guite, Electric Guitar, Drumset
16. Tangy - Piano
17. Greg - Piano
28. UnkownKirbyMan

Setlist:
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

MaestroUGC

I'll be taking suggestions for pieces you want to play later.

Don't suggest anything right now.

I'm going to already include some pieces that are standards for the series. I want to try and make this a total as possible and include at least one theme from the main platformer series. Music from the RPGs are welcome and expected. I'm going to avoid the sports games and other spinoffs with a few exceptions for Mario Party, Mario Kart, and and Non-Mario Games (Games under the Mario Series, but not starring Mario, e.g. Luigi's Mansion, Wario Land, etc.).

FierceDeity

You have my euphonium.
And my trombone.
*patiently waits for lord of the rings reference*

K-NiGhT

I'll play violin and piano. We probably won't need vocals for this, but i sing bass. If you need any more low brass at the end of signups, i may be able to do euphonium. Getting the instrument from school may be a problem though
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

MaestroUGC

I only ask what you know you can play at any time.

JDMEK5

Piano, Guitar (acoustic only), Electric Bass, Harmonica. I'll repost if I recall any more.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MaestroUGC

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

spitllama

Piano, and I have access to a lot of percussion instruments too. Just let me know what you need.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MaestroUGC

spitllama

Marimba, Vibraphone, Xylophone, Crotales, Snare Drum, Suspended Cymbal, Sleighbells, Chimes, Crash Cymbals, Cowbell, and Timpani.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Zunawe

Trombone and Euphonium. Possibly piano, but I probably have horrible technique by now and it takes me quite a while to get things down. It'd be best to not put me down for piano unless you really needed another.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

JDMEK5

Ideally by the time you finish arranging I'll have learned banjo to a satisfactory degree as well. And maybe trumpet too. Who knows?
But don't put them on the list yet.

EDIT: Oh and I can also sing tenor if you really need it. I've never actually sang for an actual group before tho; just in church. :P So consider me a backup if need be.

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!