News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Difficulty setting

Started by atheneangel, September 24, 2013, 02:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atheneangel

It would be a great idea to put difficulty settings on all the sheet music,  the reason I say this is because there are people of all skill levels and will see pieces that they want to play but then realise that the piece of music is too advanced for them ~ it would be easier to just be able to scroll through the music with just a note of the difficulty beside each piece ~ (perhaps a typical colour system : green(easy) yellow (advanced) red (very advanced) etc.    :) please do this!

Sebastian

I like the setup that we have already

Olimar12345

This has been suggested multiple times in the past, with the biggest problem being that difficulty is relative to the player. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll actually implement a system like this.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

Well, as far as difficulty being relative to the player, here is a rather unbiased system.

...It'd be tedious as hell to implement, though, especially on all of the sheets we already have.

FireArrow

It wouldn't be that hard if you grouped multiple groups together: i.e. 1 star = primer-2, 2 star = 3-4, 3 star = 5-6, 4 star = 7-8, 5 star = 9-10

I think something like this would be amazing (and going through all the sheets would couple well with the Fixing the Sheets project.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

fank009

If we are going to categorize the difficulty, we need to let everyone know what the scale is IF it is implemented. It shouldnt be too diffiuclt, But I do agree, that difficulty is in the eye of the beholder, especially given the huge ranges of music that we have... just cause something is classed as "easy" doesnt mean that it is for a particular person.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

SlowPokemon

This is still a bad idea. Even that sheet music plus rating system really isn't that reliable.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 25, 2013, 05:35:01 AMThis is still a bad idea. Even that sheet music plus rating system really isn't that reliable.
Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 24, 2013, 08:20:22 AMThis has been suggested multiple times in the past, with the biggest problem being that difficulty is relative to the player. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll actually implement a system like this.
Agreed and Agreed

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 25, 2013, 05:35:01 AMEven that sheet music plus rating system really isn't that reliable.
That list is exactly what the Royal Conservatory uses when determining the grade level of a song. That's a pretty widely accepted system. (And I mean, widely)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

I've been using NinSheetMusic for several years and I like the display just how it is; I don't care how hard the song is as long as it sounds accurate.  If it's hard that just means I'll have to practice more.  Not sure if others would think the same way, but...
Yeah.
unmotivated

Olimar12345

That's kind of how I did it. If I wanted to play a song and the arrangement was hard, I practiced until I could do it :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

^Or I just simplified it down a little on the spot.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

fank009

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 25, 2013, 12:35:30 PMI've been using NinSheetMusic for several years and I like the display just how it is; I don't care how hard the song is as long as it sounds accurate.  If it's hard that just means I'll have to practice more.  Not sure if others would think the same way, but...
Yeah.

This
I agree with the accuracy in terms of recreating the music... If it is a hard piece, we put in the work for the stuff we love.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Sir Dino

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 25, 2013, 12:35:30 PMI've been using NinSheetMusic for several years and I like the display just how it is; I don't care how hard the song is as long as it sounds accurate.  If it's hard that just means I'll have to practice more.  Not sure if others would think the same way, but...
Yeah.
Quote from: fank009 on September 25, 2013, 10:21:21 PMThis
I agree with the accuracy in terms of recreating the music... If it is a hard piece, we put in the work for the stuff we love.
Totally
The goal of NSM is not about how simplistic it is for the ease of users - not entirely, at least - but more the accuracy we all do in transcribing and arranging the soundtrack.