News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Difficulty setting

Started by atheneangel, September 24, 2013, 02:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on April 12, 2015, 06:50:41 PM-------------------------------------------------

It's a cool idea. I like it a lot. I just think with all the other lofty goals of NSM, this would fall at the bottom of the priority list. Keeping regular updates for the past 6 months is already an NSM miracle.
I agree. There are still other goals on nsm we want and that would be put on the bottom..... :/

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 12, 2015, 06:51:47 PMWhy do we even need a scale that will only be relative in the end anyway. Literally looking at the sheet will be enough to tell the pianist if it's their skill level or not.
^
Checking to see what difficulty they are would just waste the Updaters valuable time when just looking at it would tell you the difficulty.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Just looking at music doesn't always tell you the difficulties, especially for beginners who are just starting to read music, who won't recognize things like octaves, thirds, etc. as difficult right off the bat.
I can see the argument of there being more important things to do. Perhaps we could get a way for the NSM community to actively participate in furthering these goals? That's also a lofty goal in and of itself, so it's somewhat paradoxical in nature to try..
what is shitpost

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 12, 2015, 07:25:28 PMJust looking at music doesn't always tell you the difficulties, especially for beginners who are just starting to read music, who won't recognize things like octaves, thirds, etc. as difficult right off the bat.
I can see the argument of there being more important things to do. Perhaps we could get a way for the NSM community to actively participate in furthering these goals? That's also a lofty goal in and of itself, so it's somewhat paradoxical in nature to try..
imo not a lot of the sheets here are focused on "for beginners who are just starting to read music"
unmotivated

Latios212

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 12, 2015, 08:28:41 PMimo not a lot of the sheets here are focused on "for beginners who are just starting to read music"
Here's a perfect one! Bespinben's https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/PMD3DS%20-%20Pok%C3%A9mon%20Paradise%201.pdf

I must agree though that in theory these ideas sound great, but as a community it's hard to get things done on top of projects we already have... :(
If someone who wanders onto NSM is seriously interested in playing our sheets, they'll probably look through many sheets on their own and probably hop on the forums like I did.

All that said, I'm willing to help with whatever can be done.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

As am I! I can't guarantee the ability and or time to do everything, but I'll do everything I possibly can!
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 12, 2015, 06:51:47 PMWhy do we even need a scale that will only be relative in the end anyway. Literally looking at the sheet will be enough to tell the pianist if it's their skill level or not.

Slow wins the prize.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

He's not always right though... Some sheets can be extremely tricky when they look fine to begin with. Sootopolis City, a few months ago, was one example that I struggled with a lot; in the middle of it you have to balance I think two voices that intertwine with each other in weird and freaky ways (I dropped the middle voice; it isn't that important).
The tags system certainly wouldn't hurt.
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

That's true and it's not a bad idea. I just have to be the douche who points out that it sounds unnecessary.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Well, fair enough then. This is NSM after all  ;D
what is shitpost

Sebastian

If you need some beginner sheets, I know of a bunch and tell you them if you want :)

Pianist Da Sootopolis

We could have a thread here that says that.
what is shitpost

JDMEK5

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 13, 2015, 04:13:54 PMWe could have a thread here that says that.
But then what about those people who want medium difficulty? Or hard stuff?

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 13, 2015, 02:50:18 PMIf you need some beginner sheets, I know of a bunch and tell you them if you want :)
This. This is the answer. If anyone actually specifically wants easy stuff, let them ask in the forums themselves. It's happened before and is the best way to handle this.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 24, 2015, 12:12:57 PMBut then what about those people who want medium difficulty? Or hard stuff?
This. This is the answer. If anyone actually specifically wants easy stuff, let them ask in the forums themselves. It's happened before and is the best way to handle this.
If I had some support I'd categorize some (or all) of the site sheets into levels. The. I could post that in the forums.
I don't need any help but support or anyone interested in this would be great!

JDMEK5

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 24, 2015, 02:12:09 PMIf I had some support I'd categorize some (or all) of the site sheets into levels. The. I could post that in the forums.
I don't need any help but support or anyone interested in this would be great!

Point #1: Let's say that I don't think enough people need difficulty settings to make it worth your while
Point #2:
^This. This this this this this. It's all relevant to one's ability and therefore a system like this is a practical impossibility.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 24, 2015, 12:12:57 PMThis. This is the answer. If anyone actually specifically wants easy stuff, let them ask in the forums themselves. It's happened before and is the best way to handle this.

This. This so much.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!