Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin discussion thread

Started by FierceDeity, September 28, 2013, 03:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Yeah, I know a lot of people who have gotten those spoiled for them :/ Somehow I've avoided having it told to me, though.
But, wait...
Spoiler
How is it that they haven't gotten to eren's basement yet in the manga? I mean, it shouldn't really be that huge of an ordeal, should it? It doesn't have to be a full survey corps operation. Wouldn't less people attract less titans and have less to worry about? (I know the expedition's sole purpose wasn't to get to his basement, but still...)
[close]

Bubbles

But I really prefer watching than reading ughh

And fierce I know from experience that its better to not ask those types of questions if you don't want to be spoiled

Nebbles

...yeah, I can't answer that without spoiling everything.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FierceDeity

I mean, I feel tempted to read the manga just so I can shake off that cliffhanger ending, but then again, once I get done with that, until the manga's actually done being produced, I'll still be left to wonder about shit. So maybe I'll just stick it through with the anime...

Nebbles

The manga should update in the second week of October. It updates the second week of every month, I think.

Jompa

:D yay, discussion!
It was damn exciting! The only thing I didn't like was when the episodes didn't make any progress (especially with that recap-episode, geez) - it's not so fun to watch when half the episode is just the same as the the last episode, after a whole week of waiting.
Birdo for Smash

FierceDeity

Lol I skipped the recap episode. I think I actually started watching it after that one was already out, so I can't say I totally know how you feel when it comes to that. After that episode, though, I feel like lack of progression wasn't as big of a problem.

Bubbles

Yeah, I would've liked the recap episode better if they didn't reuse animation from the previous episodes. It did have great background music though

Now that I'm left on a cliffhanger, I'm actually starting to wonder. Does it ever rain when titans are around?

Jompa

Well, there was this one episode after the recap
Spoiler
one of those when they are riding horses to catch the female titan
[close]
^one of those episodes had literally no progression other than "lets ride further into the woods guys!"
This episode ofc was right in the middle of the exciting part, so it was a bit of a let down after a week of biting my fingernails..
Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

They were still pretty significant episodes, though...

FierceDeity

Idk, I kinda love those flashback episodes, because it's not like they're not giving any new information.
Spoiler
Like, the one you're talking about, where they're riding through the woods for a while and eren's deciding between going titan and not, those flashbacks were so important for character development (even if it was mostly for characters who were about to die, but yeah). Not to mention, the ending where they finally saw erwin's plan kinda made up for the lack of action, I think.
[close]

Jompa

I haven't said anything about the flashback episodes, those are of course important - but a bunch of the episodes in general, used so much old footage that some episodes lost their interestingness, and that recap episode was literally just the last five episodes all over again.

It is absolutely true that those "riding through the forest"-episodes are significant, but there was way to much of the exact same thing (if we exclude the flashback). I'm often against "rushing" through the story, but in this case I think they could've fitted that story into a shorter amount of time - there are always areas like that with manga adaptions.. i guess the way time is interpreted and used in manga is hard to project in anime..

But whatever, it wasn't even that bad! It didn't affect the fact the show as a whole was awesome!
Birdo for Smash

Roz~

I'm in love with that show. I keep telling my friends to watch it and so far they all love it. I haven't watched all of the episodes yet (which isn't a problem since I read the manga anyways) but holy crap can't wait to watch the season finale.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

FierceDeity

Yeah Jompa, it definitely was a little bit slow, I'll admit.
And Roz, the finale was ridiculously well done, you're gonna love it.