News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin discussion thread

Started by FierceDeity, September 28, 2013, 03:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

About the OPs:

I think they're the kind that you only like because they grow on you..
At first, I hated the first OP, but we all know that it's impossible not to be won over eventually - it was the same when I showed it to my cousin, he literally made fun of how bad the opening theme was, but the next time we met he had it as his ringtone.

It's the same with the second OP - I hated it even more, actually. But I've come to like it now - it just suddenly turned really catchy for some reason.
Birdo for Smash

GaryOak

Quote from: Roz~ on September 30, 2013, 07:14:24 AMAnd people who wants the manga to update faster... we get one big update per month, instead of 4 small updates per month, so... it's kinda like the same thing since we get around 50 pages per month.

It may seem the same but in reality it really isn't. Even if it were around 50 pages per month (I assume that SnK chapters also variate between 30-50) it would still progress slower than weekly series. If SnK was a Shonen Jump manga it would probably be already ending.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Nebbles

I like getting the large manga updates - having small chapters really wouldn't feel right.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FierceDeity

I feel like if the manga enters the level of detail that the anime does (EDIT: And, I mean, of course it does, the anime was based on it, so...), then a monthly update makes more sense. It's kinda like what Jompa was saying with the pace of the forest thing. The characterization with the flashback was really important, I think, but it does make for a small amount of shit happening for one installment. Even if it meant getting a little less total per month, I'd probably prefer monthly just so that what needs to happen in the story can happen while still being exciting/progressing.

KefkaticFanatic

nuuu just finished the anime... I need moreeeeeee

I'd rather not spoil and ruin it for myself so I'll just wait a few years and not read the manga o;

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

It'll be a tough wait, but I applaud you for having that kind of patience.

GaryOak

In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Bubbles

About the new OVA!
remember i didnt read the manga :p
In the episode in season one when Hanji tells Eren all the things she learned about titans (it took the whole night and then she wanted to tell it again, I'm sure you remember) Eren said that everything she told him he already knew and had learned in training. The thing with Ilse and the talking titan was a pretty big thing though, and I doubt they taught it in the trainee camps. Why did Hanji leave out that important detail? Do they really not trust Eren that much?
[close]

FierceDeity

I know we've discussed the openings before, but I just want to point out I'm really glad they brought back the old opening for this OVA :D

And, bubbles:
lol I didn't read it either
I mean, they never actually had anybody both open about being able to transform and on their side before, so it makes sense that they'd want to be cautious, seeing as everybody else who can transform seems to be collaborating against them. It's not too important to them that he knows, either way, as long as he follows orders.
[close]

Bubbles

Yeah, I guess you're right.

And I think the opening was the original because the episode took place chronologically during that time (pretty sure it was when they were all in training)

But that reminds me: we get a whole new opening in April omg

FierceDeity

Huh, for some reason I thought that happened after the fifth episode. Oh well, not gonna rewatch it just to find out haha

And yeah, I'm really excited for the new opening, too. I'm fine with it not being extremely similar to the first, I just don't want to start off every episode by seeing something really dark and intense, then having them blast happy, triumphant music  :/

Nebbles

New OP in April? Oooooh... I'm excited. When does the anime start up again anyway, or is that in April with the new OP?

Bubbles

So I just looked it up and apparently wherever I heard April was confirmed was just a rumor. Sorry if I got your hopes up :/

I wouldn't doubt it though, since the makers of the show really seem to be catering to the fans as much as possible, and thats a usual time for shows to start. Unless they want a longer break so the manga can get farther ahead?