News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin discussion thread

Started by FierceDeity, September 28, 2013, 03:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

So, season 1 of Attack on Titan is now over (and the finale was sooooo goooood), and now that the whole season is online, I thought it was a good time to start this thread. If you've watched it, now's the perfect time for us to discuss it. If not, it's the perfect time to catch up. It is such a ridiculously good anime, possibly my favorite (although I've noticed I tend to think that about whatever one I've watched most recently), and if you haven't watched it, I dare you to go watch the first 5 episodes and not want to barrel through the rest of the season in one night.

Anyways, there were so many good things about the last episode, but there's one thing that stood out the most to me (actual spoiler right here):
Spoiler
HOLY SHIT HE WAS ON FIRE AAAAHHHHH
[close]

Oh, and if you haven't watched it yet, here's a good place to do so. They don't have the last episode public yet, but you can just google "attack on titan episode 25 english sub" and you'll find it.

Nebbles

Oh yes, a discussion thread for this series! Have you read up to where the manga is, though?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FierceDeity

Nope. I intend to do so after the anime is actually over. I have nothing against manga, I just like to finish in whatever medium I've already started before doing anything else. If you'd like to talk about stuff that's only happened in the manga so far, go ahead, just indicate that it's from there in your spoiler :P

Nebbles

The manga is the exact same, though. The anime is following the manga to a T.

FierceDeity

Er I meant...stuff that has yet to happen in the anime haha. But yeah please don't let me not having read the manga hold anybody back; if you've read the manga and want to talk about it, go ahead and do so. Honestly, if season 2 takes a really long time to come out, then maybe I will read the manga, just because...
Spoiler
GODDAMN I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE WALL. AND THE OTHER HUMAN TITANS. (this is not giving anybody permission to spoil those for me :P)
[close]

Bubbles

Yeah that last little part with the wall is eating away at me, especially paired with the little story that they gave at the break in the middle

I've been spoiled a lot from the manga, but the wall thing was a complete surprise. I guess that means it either wasn't that big of a deal or it hasnt been resolved yet (or Ive just been lucky so far)

Nebbles

Spoiler
The wall thing? Yeah, not resolved yet. Not at all. Also, things get worse. Way worse.
[close]

FierceDeity

Maybe...Just maybe...
Spoiler
MAYBE THE WALLISTS WERE RIGHT! ALL HAIL MARIA, ROSE, AND SINA!!!
[close]

Also, yeah it has to be a big deal, haha. There's no way they would have put it as a cliffhanger if it weren't :P

Spoiler
BUT SERIOUSLY THOUGH FIRE EREN I MEAN OMG
[close]

Bubbles

Spoiler
Was he actually on fire though or was it just more symbolism? If they wanted to make him the most powerful or angry he's ever been they probably ran out of roars and punches
[close]

FierceDeity

I don't think that's how symbolism works :P haha I mean, that wouldn't really be in the same style as the rest of the anime, so I would assume it isn't that. But idk.

GaryOak

The best thing I've seen for a while this series is. I just hope it won't end up as 40-50 volume manga.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Nebbles

It depends on how the story goes. I mean, in the manga,
Spoiler
we haven't gotten to Eren's basement yet, but the identities of the armored and colossal titan were revealed. Which sets back our protagonists a bit more.
[close]

FierceDeity

Spoiler
I'm already 99% sure I know who the armored titan is; not as sure about colossal
[close]

Bubbles

Nebbles

I did too, so that's why I decided to go ahead and read the manga. I kept getting accidentally spoiled, so I went ahead and read it all.