News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Wii Tech Help

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 10, 2013, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

So I posted on here a while ago that my Wii was broken, but I had Homebrew on it so Nintendo wouldn't fix it.  Can I get help virginizing it so a different place will do it for me?  I know you said you're somewhat knowledgable about this, Dude.  Can you help me out?

Sorry to return and all of a sudden start asking for help XD I know how rude that seems, but I miss this thing!

Dude

I said it's too late, didn't I? They have your Wii's serial number recorded that you had homebrew so they won't fix it. Ever.

The only thing that you could do is invest in a portable (USB) drive and pirate games/get someone you know to make backups for you but idk if you want to do that or not.

Waddle Bro

solution: wii u from santa claus

Olimar12345

Wii's are less that $50 now anyways so...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on October 10, 2013, 01:27:04 PMSo I posted on here a while ago that my Wii was broken, but I had Homebrew on it so Nintendo wouldn't fix it.  Can I get help virginizing it so a different place will do it for me?  I know you said you're somewhat knowledgable about this, Dude.  Can you help me out?

Sorry to return and all of a sudden start asking for help XD I know how rude that seems, but I miss this thing!

Olimar, I know, but I've got all my stuff saved on this one.  Including games.

And Waddle, I got GC games I gotta play!

Dude

I can teach you how to do a complete gamesave transfer(Including games like SSBB, MKW, and others if there are any) if you want me to, but you'll need to either buy a pre-owned Wii or a new one and install the HBC on it.

and honestly I don't know what file needs to be wiped or w/e, so i can't really tell you how to revirginize it.

Actually, a NAND backup and reinstall would be way easier and have everything the exact same as your broken wii. I can tell you how to do that instead if you want.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Dude on October 10, 2013, 04:46:02 PMI can teach you how to do a complete gamesave transfer(Including games like SSBB, MKW, and others if there are any) if you want me to, but you'll need to either buy a pre-owned Wii or a new one and install the HBC on it.

and honestly I don't know what file needs to be wiped or w/e, so i can't really tell you how to revirginize it.

Actually, a NAND backup and reinstall would be way easier and have everything the exact same as your broken wii. I can tell you how to do that instead if you want.

Okay, thanks a lot.  I'll keep you posted, but I think I may have just found what I need.  I'll let you know if I still need help.  Thanks muchly, Dude.