News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

signature help

Started by Sebastian, October 18, 2013, 01:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Is this song in 2/4 or 4/4 or something else??

FierceDeity

I really shouldn't encourage improper use of threads, but fuck it, whether I do it now or wait until you move the question, either way I'm gonna answer it...but yeah, try to ask this in the appropriate thread next time.

A lot of this is in 4/4, but unless you want to write it with a lot of unnecessary syncopation, you're going to want to use more than one time signature. Here's how I hear it, based on where notes are emphasized:

Measure 1: 4/4 (intro)
Measure 2: 6/4 (This could easily feel like two bars of 3/4, but for the sake of continuity with later time signatures, I would probably choose 6/4. If you want to go for a nice 8 bar period, though, two bars of 3/4 should be fine).
Measure 3: 4/4
Measure 4: 6/4 (Based on the emphasis, this could also be a bar of 2/4 and a bar of 4/4, but again, for continuity's sake, I would choose 6/4, even if you chose to make measures 2 and 5 two bars of 3/4 each).
Measure 5: 6/4 (Same as measure 2)
Measure 6 and 7: 4/4

After that, the time signatures from measure 2 to measure 7 repeat, and then the rest of the song is in 4/4 until it repeats back.
Let me know if you have any questions or disagreements.

Sebastian

I already started it in 4/4 and I think the song whole song is in 4/4. So, that is what I am gonna go for. I should have it done tomorrow some time. By the way, how is nimbus island coming? :)

FierceDeity

If you're going to ask for help and then disregard it entirely, please don't ask in the first place. I am fairly confident that it is not 4/4 for the entire song; for it to be so, there would have to be SO much unnecessary syncopation. And nimbus land is literally 2 bars from completion haha, unfortunately I haven't had much time for arranging what with midterms and all. After that, I'll still have some retroactive cleaning to do. I cannot give a definite date for when i'll have that to you by. As for overthere stair (I know you didn't ask, but I know you're  at least thinking about it :P) I promise that I'll have it to you eventually, but it has been a while since I said i'd do it, so I wouldn't be offended if somebody else were to take up where I left off on that.

Sebastian

ok
I am too far to change it now.
So, I am just going to finish it.
thanks for the help though :)

Olimar12345

He has a good point, though, mlf. No more of these topics, okay? Just use this from now on.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Sebastian

I have another question: In the song below, what are/is the time signature?

Sebastian

I know it is 4/4 up to 0:19 then what??
Here is what I think. It is 4/4 upt 0:19, then 3/4 for a couple bars, then 5/4 for one bar, then I cant figure it out from there on out
PLEASE correct me if I am wrong

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!