The "Who Composed This?" Topic

Started by Olimar12345, October 26, 2013, 01:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

You should email the clash of clans headquarters or something like that. They may be able to help you with that.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Latios212

I can't find the composer for this.

[3DS] Streetpass Mii Plaza

"Puzzle Swap":
[MUS]

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: Latios212 on April 06, 2016, 07:22:15 PMI can't find the composer for this.

[3DS] Streetpass Mii Plaza

"Puzzle Swap":
[MUS]

Daisuke Matsuoka? For the life of me I cannot verify that site's claim though, they cited the Canadian Patent Office but I can't find anything about a composer on there.
Also here for Puzzle Swap,
and here for "Streetpass Quest Series" music, both with no apparent citation

Interesingly, I've been looking everywhere for the composer for Miitomo and I think it might also be him. Poor uncredited artist if that's true :(

McDucky

I wish I'd seen this earlier.   
According to the Japanese Wikipedia article for StreetPass Mii Plaza: "Ryō Nagamatsu was in charge of all composition"     

Latios212

Hm it does but I'm not seeing anything from StreetPass Mii Plaza credited to him on the page it's linked to (or the English page for Ryo Nagamatsu for that matter...)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

I have no idea who the composer(s) is/are for this song, or anything else in this game's OST for that matter:

The only answer I could find was in the end credits sequence (around 34:30 in the video). There are 5 Japanese music sites listed, but as far as I know none of them list the composers that are on them or anything. I have found no other sources other than this. On top of that, I don't know if any of the tracks were composed by just one site or multiple, or which tracks were composed by what.

Should I just list each of the sites as the "composers" or something?

Brassman388

It's by two companies called Studio Murasato and M-Art.

I couldn't find anything on M-Art, and I scoured Studio Murasato's twitter, soundcloud, and nicovideo and couldn't find anything.

My best guess would to say that Studio Murasato produced it mostly; every time I put Kyousuke's theme in either english or japanese it would direct me to a Studio Murasato page on their official site that no longer exists via 404.

That's all I got, man.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/282800/announcements/detail/222130001314839721

Static

Thank you so much, this was a big help!

LeviR.star

[BS-X] BS Kirby's Toy Box

This was an oddball game. No idea who composed the music for it. Some of the Kirby's Dream Course music is reused in this game, so it could be Hirokazu Ando. Kirby's Adventure music was reused, too. Another nod towards Hirokazu. Can someone make sure, though?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Brassman388

1996 Kirby Super Star - Jun Ishikawa, Hirokazu Ando

1995 Kirby's Block Ball - Sukezo Ouyama, Ryoue Takagi
1995 Kirby's Dream Land 2 - Hirokazu Ando, Tadashi Ikegami
1995 Kirby's Avalanche - Akiyoshi Nagao (Einosuke Nagao), Hirokazu Ando

1994 Kirby's Dream Course -  Hirokazu Ando

1993 Kirby's Adventure - Hirokazu Ando
1993 Kirby's Pinball Land - Tadashi Ikegami

I gave you a list of the composers and years of each kirby game's production because on the wiki's site you'll notice that there's mini games for each section of the game. And my guess is that they didn't produce any original music for it, as you mentioned. If that's the case, you're going to have to credit each composer for each tune that you arrange.

Goodluck, and godspeed.

Brassman388

Then there's this video saying that Takane Okubo composed this particular track? Maybe the original music for it as well? I'm not sure anymore, but I hope this has helped out because this was more research I would've done for this info, so there you go.

LeviR.star

This helps, thank you! (Wherever did they find such information?)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Brassman388

I went to the SNESmusic site just now, and the guy or 'dumper' as they call them, is responsible for many, many, many soundtracks, and just like any other site, they probably check the quality of not only the mp3's he's dumping, but the accuracy of the information each soundtrack is connected with.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, for now. It's an obscure game from an obscure system that hardly even existed. Having this amount of info is a pleasant gift from the depths of the internet and should be treated as such.

LeviR.star

Should the game be written out as "BS Kirby's Toy Box" like other sources, or just "Kirby's Toy Box"?

LeviR.star