News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

TheMarioPianist's YouTube Channel

Started by TheMarioPianist, July 16, 2015, 11:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarioPianist

Hey guys,

Not doing a real fancy OP here yet (mainly because I don't have any videos yet) but just figured I'd at least give myself a head start in terms of subscribers (hopefully :)). Based on my YouTube name (TheMarioPianist), you'll probably assume that most of the arrangements that I'll choose to do will be Super Mario songs. And you'll probably be right. Not that I won't do anything else; I'll push myself out of my comfort zone of Mario music eventually. But anyway, any recommendations for a first video? I don't want to do something insanely difficult, but at the same time, I'd like to do something complex enough to establish myself as at least a fairly decent pianist. Oh yea, and I'll just get this out of the way now for anyone who might ask: No, my name was not in any way inspired by Video Game PianistTM

My Channel

Dang, why didn't I name myself TheMarioPianist on this site? So much better than cqk328...I guess I can at least change my arranger name to that...
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Ok, so I finally got my first video recorded well enough to be considered YouTube level, I think. This one is not actually an arrangement currently on site; it is a Rainbow Road medley I arranged. It's not perfect, but I don't care. I don't have the best camcorder, so bear with me in terms of background noise and quality.

Out of curiosity, if I were to actually write this arrangement out (which I might), would I just put it in my Personal Arrangement thread, or could it possibly have a home on the main site?

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

First!~

Man, this is great! I really enjoyed listening to the whole thing. And then I listened again. The quality of the audio didn't bother me at all, really. What's important is your playing - and man did you pull this off well ;D Great job sticking all the Rainbow Road themes together!

The arrangement will always have a home on your personal arrangement thread, but we haven't really had any medleys submitted to the site in a while, so idk about that.

Also how the heck do you even play something 6 minutes long. My longest good recording is like... two and a half??
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Latios212 on July 18, 2015, 08:22:49 PMFirst!~

Man, this is great! I really enjoyed listening to the whole thing. And then I listened again. The quality of the audio didn't bother me at all, really. What's important is your playing - and man did you pull this off well ;D Great job sticking all the Rainbow Road themes together!

The arrangement will always have a home on your personal arrangement thread, but we haven't really had any medleys submitted to the site in a while, so idk about that.

Also how the heck do you even play something 6 minutes long. My longest good recording is like... two and a half??

Thanks a lot! I guess the quality could have been a lot worse; at least I didn't use my iPhone to record. I would like to get a microphone for better audio someday, but for now I think its fine. Now, about playing 6 minutes in a row... Firstly, I've probably been playing this arrangement at least once a day for about 6-8 months; I just didn't decide to record it until now. It took me an hour or two to get this take, and although it wasn't perfect, I knew I wasn't going to get it any better. Besides, my family was tired of hearing it ;D. The funny thing is, I never messed this up that noticeably at all until I turned on the camera. I'm sure that's normal, but it was funny. Also, it humors me that I could nail the 4 flats section from MK8 almost every time, but failed the simple D major DS section on multiple occasions. When I get a few more subscribers and more Mario and Nintendo music on this account, I should really record myself playing Stairway to Heaven. That's a little longer than 6 minutes :).

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Hey guys, quick question here. I could and should just make a poll, but I'm too lazy. Which song should I do next?

-Rainbow Road Medley Revisited...in 6/8
-My Rendition of the Super Mario World "Swimming" Theme
-Captain Toad Goes Forth (3D World)*

*Note, this would be my first official NSM performance video! :)

I'll let you guys decide, although truth be told, it's probably too soon to revisit a song.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: braixen1264 on August 07, 2015, 02:17:40 PM2

Cool, that's the one I was wanting to do anyway. It's not the most popular in the SMW soundtrack. It is my rendition, remember, so it's not gonna be exactly like the one on the site. I'm going no sheet music; whatever comes out of the piano happens.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Maelstrom

Latios212

Wynaut both? I do look forward to the swimming theme as well as another potential NSM performance video submission. (Of course Rainbow Road medley too, but it's a little early for that.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Latios212 on August 07, 2015, 07:16:59 PMWynaut both?

I agree. Swimming theme already recorded. It's possible they could both be up fairly shortly.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

"Swimming" and "Captain Toad Goes Forth!" are being uploaded as we speak!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

1 down, 1 to go!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Also found out that I'm not the first Rainbow Road medley on the web. But I'm the first one continuously on one instrument, at least! Give this guy credit though, its pretty incredible.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Anyway, here's number 2!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player