• Game of Thrones theme on guitar
  • Assassin's Creed...
  • Mass Effect 2 - Suicide Mission
  • Sonata Arctica - Tallulah
Quote from: Bespinben on August 25, 2015, 12:08:51 AMOfficial seal of approval
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Dusk

Some criticism, compliments or whatever would be nice. :)
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Waddle Bro

Haven't seen this and I regret.

Sounds awesome.

Dusk

WTF I tottaly forgott this thread :o
...little update. I'll try to upload one video per week.

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 05, 2014, 06:05:24 AMSounds awesome.
Thank you. :)

You can also tell me what you want me to play on piano. ;)
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bespinben

Quote from: Dusk on December 22, 2013, 03:10:33 PMIN PROGRESS
  • PMD 3 - Opening Theme

I'm so PSYCHED!!!!! I know you told me already, but just seeing it in writing made me all sorts of excited again.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Latios212

Quote from: Bespinben on February 11, 2015, 09:52:09 PMI'm so PSYCHED!!!!! I know you told me already, but just seeing it in writing made me all sorts of excited again.
*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*IT IS HERE AND IT IS AWESOME!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

Quote from: Latios212 on March 23, 2015, 03:38:07 PM*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*IT IS HERE AND IT IS AWESOME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pv3eCZPTzY

So awesome that I spent an entire hour writing up a comment for it on Youtube!!!
----------

As a certain Post-Town'er would say: *"GLORIOUS!!!"*

Truly splendid performance. Though I must confess, I had hopes to hear this rocked out on that sweet Baby Grand Yamaha piano of yours. That still in no way diminishes my awe of your skills and the epicness of this cover. It's always such an honor to see my sheets played, especially by you.

No comment of mine is complete without a thorough critique though, so here we go:

1.) Stability of tempo (and tempo variations) --
I realize you had to slow this down just a tad bit for the beginning, but it seemed a little inconsistent to play the first two measures at full-speed and then back-off suddenly by approx. 5-10 BPM, almost creating a dragging feel. Also, I know I was asking a lot technically for 0:22-0:24, but instead of sacrificing the tempo, you could have just omitted the 16th note octaves in the RH and combined them into octaves as 8th notes.
**1:19-1:32 -- Now I understand why you said this passage was cumbersome to play! It's supposed to be much *much* slower and floating (hence my liberties with the LH accompaniment), almost ethereal. Of course, I don't doubt this may have been an intentional decision on your end, but your fast tempo here resulted in an occasional mishap (ex: 1:27-1:29).

2.) Fingering and technique -- Man, you do this so well. I'm only barely beginning to fully appreciate the great thought that goes into every single keystroke of yours. It was really cool seeing you incorporate some of the hand positioning/finger markings I had indicated in my score too (like at 0:25). Again, kudos.

3.) Technology -- My hopes of seeing this played on your Baby Grand was more than just for tone. I figured you could interpret "let ring" in the unresolved V11 chord at very end of the song in a number of ways, but using sustain pedal wasn't exactly what I had in mind (as I specifically notated rests following the last chord). Rather, I had more this vision of "half-pedal decay", where the last chord is given a strong attack, and instead of instantly being gone (or fully held), is allowed to reverberate but with very quick decay using the sustain pedal *half-way* depressed, to mimic the feeling of being "suspended" like in the original song. Obviously, you can't do that on a digital piano, so that's really no fault of yours.

With all the work you put into this, it's really a shame that this will likely never get any more than 1k views, at best. This just seems to be the trend for PMD GtI music lately. Maybe whoever reads this can prove me wrong (I really would like that). Thank you Dusk -- thank you, thank you, thank you.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

I can't wait till we get youtube videos up and running on NSM. That will be so awesome!
Then instead of linking our videos, they'll be on NSM.