News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Fank looks at various pieces of video game music.

Started by fank009, January 04, 2014, 02:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fank009

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 13, 2014, 11:54:03 AMI'm sure this has nothing to do with my Let's Play....
I know this has nothing to do with your Let's play Maestro ;)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Brassman388

I was kind of confused at what the goal was to these posts, but as I read further it was made clear that there was no specific direction as to what you're trying to say about each song that you've done so far.

Which is okay.

But what would be really cool is if you went through production and composer's notes and history with each piece and whatnot. Not to say your analysis isn't a bad idea, it's just there are too many parallels with current threads on the site already.

If you want help in any way, my pm box is always open and I'm always willing.

Keep it up, man. Not very many people can do what you're doing. Like someone said earlier, you'll only get better if you keep on doing what you're doing.

fank009

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island- Mid boss- (SNES)

click here for song
[close]

The mid boss theme, is catchy, energetic, bouncy, yet still keeps the feeling that you are fighting a boss. especially the bridge. The change from the melody (how it's done) defines this, in which it still keeps it's boss type qualities, instead of being just another cheerful song in the Yoshi's Island soundtrack.

There is a lot of criticism that Yoshi's Island is too "childish" at times, and although I disagree with the idea, this track isn't helping it's cause, Even without looking, you can tell that these mid-boss's (well most of them) aren't a challenge, especially since the world's boss has a bit of a darker tune, then this happy-go lucky style. Koji kondo, with this piece, is definetly telling us (or me at least) to enjoy the journey, to not get caught up in the game, but to savour it. This isn't something you should worry about, instead this is a piece where you should step back, enjoy the journey, and not care too much about the boss (no matter how much of a cakewalk it is)

One of the reasons I do these reviews, is to point out, small things like this, that may have been given an afterthought. And trust me, there are a few songs (from memory) that have a hidden message in them.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...