News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Lead sheets?

Started by insaneintherain, December 29, 2013, 12:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

In the world of jazz, in which lead sheets are the most prominent, that is the standard.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Spoiler
Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on March 23, 2016, 09:44:03 PMHaving a second dropdown menu from the download buttons might be a good way to indicate lead sheets as one entry:

[close]
This is actually a pretty good idea. If someone wanted to make a lead sheet, we could require that you make it in every key (C , Bb, Eb, and bass clef)? Then we wouldn't just have one key if this song and another key of that song etc.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on March 24, 2016, 12:40:09 AMTranspositions? Give sight transposing a go. It's really not that hard, especially with something as skeletal as a lead sheet.
Honestly, this is probably our best solution to our "We-have-way-too-many-files-per-track!!" problem. Just one lead sheet in C could easily suffice.

Though I do like the dropdown menu that Winter suggested. For Duets and Two Pianos and Lead Sheets and Orchestral and Ensembles and etc.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Dude

Quote from: Sebastian on March 24, 2016, 09:39:02 AMThis is actually a pretty good idea. If someone wanted to make a lead sheet, we could require that you make it in every key (C , Bb, Eb, and bass clef)? Then we wouldn't just have one key if this song and another key of that song etc.
that seems like too much work for not enough... reward(?) IMO

Idk what word to use cuz we don't get anything anyway, but basically I don't think many people will use all of them so it seems wasteful.

Olimar12345

If we were going to pick a single transposition to do lead sheet in, Bb is probably the most popular used trans. for lead sheets (really, treble clef C is probably one of the least popular transpositions for this idea). Although tbh, this idea of having lead sheets doesn't really work unless you provide all the transpositions. Lead sheets are supposed to be generalized so that multiple different kinds of instruments can benefit from them.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

Quote from: Dude on March 24, 2016, 12:05:22 PMthat seems like too much work for not enough... reward(?) IMO

Idk what word to use cuz we don't get anything anyway, but basically I don't think many people will use all of them so it seems wasteful.

I don't think anybody was suggesting we are required to make all these sheets, this is not like the PDF project where we are expected to create and upload 2000+ files, it is a method that allows any amount of variety on any amount of sheets, small or large. No work is required that hasn't already been done by an arranger who wanted that product on the site. If somebody bothered arranging it, it also must be something somebody eventually wants to read...

Sebastian

Quote from: Winter on March 25, 2016, 07:03:22 AMI don't think anybody was suggesting we are required to make all these sheets, this is not like the PDF project where we are expected to create and upload 2000+ files, it is a method that allows any amount of variety on any amount of sheets, small or large. No work is required that hasn't already been done by an arranger who wanted that product on the site. If somebody bothered arranging it, it also must be something somebody eventually wants to read...
This is exactly right.

Jer

We've been trying to accomplish this over at VGLeadSheets.com.  We currently have over 300 lead sheets that have been getting a lot of usage in the Jam Clinic at MAGFest.  Every sheet is peer-reviewed and goes through a review process so that the number of mistakes in the final product are minimal.

https://www.vgleadsheets.com