News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

What is considered spam?

Started by K-NiGhT, January 04, 2014, 03:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 04, 2014, 03:07:35 PMRequests aren't spam. No more further discussion is to take place here. Create a topic in the feedback board if you guys want to continue talking about this, but the next post in this thread better not be anything but someone accepting the request.
Okay, so if requests aren't spam, then what is considered spam? If someone could please provide a consistent definition of what spam actually is according to the site, then maybe we can get this whole requesting thing sorted out. We need to reach some sort of compromise to prevent further incidents in the forums, imo.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Yugi

spam
spam/Submit
noun
noun: spam; noun: Spam
irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to large numbers of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.
unwanted or intrusive advertising on the Internet.
"an autogenerated spam website"
trademark
a tinned meat product made mainly from ham.
verb
verb: spam; 3rd person present: spams; past tense: spammed; past participle: spammed; gerund or present participle: spamming
send the same message indiscriminately to (a large numbers of Internet users).
Origin

More

Olimar12345

Requests in a request board makes sense to me. What don't you get? :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yugi

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 04, 2014, 03:34:50 PMRequests in a request board makes sense to me. What don't you get? :P
Do you seriously want me to show you?

Dude

"bulk messages" is a key term in all of the definitions I've seen so far.

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 04, 2014, 03:34:50 PMRequests in a request board makes sense to me. What don't you get? :P
I agree.
I think you guys are just being fools and disrespectful!

Olimar12345

...but they're not irrelevant or out of place. Just because there are a lot of them doesn't mean they are spam. :P

Ninjad twice.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

I've been accused of spam before (I know crazy right?) and it's not just multiple messages.  It can also be messages in the wrong spot, so before posting make sure
A) that it hasn't been asked/posted before
B) that this is the best possible spot for it
IMO that's probably how to make sure it's not spam.

ninja'd and now Olimar pretty much told what I said in one sentence >.<
unmotivated

Dude

Considering how backed up we are on requests, I think a "one request every two weeks" limit would be a good idea.

39 pages. That's a lot of requests, you know?

Sebastian

Quote from: Dude on January 04, 2014, 03:55:24 PMConsidering how backed up we are on requests, I think a "one request every two weeks" limit would be a good idea.

39 pages. That's a lot of requests, you know?
I totally disagree
The point of this site is piano sheet music and arranging and fufilling peoples requests!! NOT gabbing of in the off-topic crap like you do!

Olimar12345

At ease, soldier! No need to get worked up. :P

Dude

way to completely miss the point mlf

Also, "Bad Apple!!" and all of the other touhou songs that I've arranged would like to have a word with you. ;P

Sebastian

Well....I just get so mad at them, because all they do (not all..Im just making a point) is blab aroung on the ''talking'' threads when what they should be doing is arranging and fufilling peopls requests.

Dude

Yugi

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 04, 2014, 04:02:50 PMWell....I just get so mad at them, because all they do (not all..Im just making a point) is blab aroung on the ''talking'' threads when what they should be doing is arranging and fufilling peopls requests.

This is a forum.

forum
ˈfɔːrəm/Submit
noun
noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.