News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

No features this week

Started by Jamaha, January 23, 2014, 11:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

Hey, just a quick little heads-up. Despite my promises last week, there will not be an update this Friday.

The reason being that I just got a new apartment. I'm moving on Saturday so there's a lot of packing and preparation to do. With the already busy university and work schedule, there simply hasn't been enough time to work on NSM. Depending on how quickly I get settled to the new place and get my things sorted, there might be some kind of update next week. If not, I might have to take a couple of weeks off with the site features.

Sorry about that. At least the apartment has a two-year lease so this kind of disruptions shouldn't happen too often in the future.

JDMEK5

Bah! Oh well. Everyone's got a life (er, most of us anyways). Congrats on your apartment but please don't keep us waiting too long!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Nintendude73

At least you've given us two years to prepare for the next disappointment.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

there'd better be more stuff by the time i get back >:O

in all seriousness this is kinda bound to happen when you have one person working on such a huge project. take your time :)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

MaestroUGC

Quote from: K-NiGhT on January 23, 2014, 07:47:59 PMin all seriousness this is kinda bound to happen when you have one person working on such a huge project. take your time :)
No! We will work you into the ground and make you regret ever running this site.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jamaha

SlowPokemon

mikey

unmotivated

JDMEK5

Not likely. But you get an award for optimism.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

spitllama

This is going to sound incredibly rude, and it probably is.

The biggest problem with this sort of thing, and new updaters, etc is that they all set expectations. Don't say you're going to do an update every 2 weeks, or a site fix every week, just because you have a couple weeks of free time. It will not last. You're being idealistic. If you're going to set an expectation, people will hold you to it. Just say you'll do your damn best and everyone should just be appreciative of what happens.

And honestly, with a site that runs on volunteers, that's all we naturally expect anyhow.

End random thoughts.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Nintendude73

...how long have you been here? :P I'm surprised we even got two feature updates out of this. Jamaha's a busy dude.

spitllama

That's fine that he's busy, but then he shouldn't say he's going to do something every week!

I'm not surprised. This sort of thing has been happening for years. I'm just tired of the fact that everyone makes these grand statements and then fails miserably.

Also when these things are internal, fine. But when it becomes site news that you're going to do something every week, do it. To the daily/weekly visitor to the site, this is extremely disappointing.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Quote from: spitllama on February 12, 2014, 06:29:03 PMI'm not surprised. This sort of thing has been happening for years. I'm just tired of the fact that everyone makes these grand statements and then fails miserably.

I totally agree.

And this doesn't just go for site updates and moderators, either. ::)

Pro tip: NEVER brag about or even announce something before it's finished.