News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

[ARCHIVE] Braixen's Arrangements

Started by braix, February 01, 2014, 08:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Examples of other XY tracks I'd write in 6/8:
Title Screen
Route 2
Dendemille Town
KISEKI
FIN

Examples of other XY tracks I'd write in 3/4:
Vaniville Town
Camphrier Town
Surf
Laverre City
Kiloude City
Gogoat Shuttle
Shopping
Emma's Theme
Game Sync

Hope that helps, Braixen! And there are also tracks like "Professor Sycamore's Theme" that could be written in either 6/8 or 3/4 because of the variability of the pulse.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

braix

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 16, 2015, 01:49:26 PMExamples of other XY tracks I'd write in 6/8:
Title Screen
Route 2
Dendemille Town
KISEKI
FIN

Examples of other XY tracks I'd write in 3/4:
Vaniville Town
Camphrier Town
Surf
Laverre City
Kiloude City
Gogoat Shuttle
Shopping
Emma's Theme
Game Sync

Hope that helps, Braixen! And there are also tracks like "Professor Sycamore's Theme" that could be written in either 6/8 or 3/4 because of the variability of the pulse.
Thanks I'll look at these soon :D

Quote from: DonValentino on December 16, 2015, 02:26:01 PMHey, nice op~~
Thanks I try. c:
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

I need help fixing the guitar chords in m.13 to m.16, any extra feedback beyond that is cool too

PKMN DPP - Route 201 (Bossa Nova)
[MUS]
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Oronoco

Whoa. That's just fun.

I don't know a thing about guitar. Sorry. But it'd be cool if you filled in the piano LH towards the end with some rhythmic ideas (like off-beats in measures 9 and 11?).
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Nebbles

Shiiiiit, this is nice. Would you mind if I suggested putting this in the VG concert thing I'm trying to do?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

braix

braix

I added changes to the percussion.

PKMN DPP - Route 201 (Bossa Nova)
[MUS]

braix

After a lot of time and ear straining, here's my first sheet for two pianos. I don't really know how two piano arrangements work so let me know if I gotta move things around. I know that it's playable at least.
Lots of thanks to InsigTurtle for letting me use parts of his arrangement for this song!

"Tree of Life: Roots" (Two Pianos)
[MUS] [Original]

mikey

unmotivated

braix

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 10, 2016, 08:06:33 PMwhy not have just secondo play the beginning
I just thought I'd have the voices be separate and consistent. Should the melody part be moved to the second piano for the first four measures?

mikey

It just seems really weird for both parts to be simultaneously doing something that can be done by one, like I'm pretty sure it's better for one piano to be silent than for both to be weak individually
unmotivated

braix

I see, I'll post an updated link tomorrow

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

cashwarrior1

O my gosh, Tree of Life? Why didn't I know about this so- Wait, two pianos? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Great arrangement, on the parts where the right hand in Piano 1 has four notes and nothing in the left hand, couldn't you split it into two notes for each hand or make the left hand hold some notes to make it sound better?

Measure 8, the second note in RH P1 is not tied (or at least I don't hear it tied)

Measure 10, beat 3 P1, there's a note.

49 to the end, P1 there's some trumpet things that could be played with the LH.

Add some dynamics to P2.

Zeila

Cool beans (this is for Tree of Life: Roots just to be clear)
    Formatting/notation stuff:
    • I don't think the forward repeat sign is necessary at the beginning
    • There are some beaming issues in the 6/8 section. If you did that because it's disconnected in the song, I think it would be better if you were to just use staccatos in p1 (or tenutos in p2) and beam them together (you defs should though in m36-37)
    • You should put a double barline before every key/time sig change
    • Along with adding dynamics to p2 (in multiple spots, like after diminuendos and stuff), I think it would be nice to have a crescendo in first 8 measures (or just m7/8), w/ m5 being written as a dynamic higher. Another spot where dynamic changes would be better or more accurate is m9
    • I just barely noticed, but the piano marking at m38 should be aligned better
    • Maybe you could hide the mp in m12 (p2)
    • Why are there tied eighth notes on beat 3.5 like for example in m15? It's not wrong, it's just not necessary (you can keep it though)

Note stuff:
    • You're missing some harmonies m5-8, and while you're at it, have the LH play the melody while the RH plays the chords at the higher register (p1)
    • m9 sounds like octaves instead of chords (p1). Instead of having p2 play the octaves, have p1 do that while p2 starts with that pattern
    • m10 (p1) is just the top note, and there's no way people are going to be able to play intervals that wide (p2). This might sound weird, but maybe you can lower the RH part and octave and have the LH play the lower layer and the whole notes
    • There's an Ab in m16 and 18 beat 4.5 (RH p1), and you're missing two eighth notes and a quarter on the last two beats in m13, 15, 17, and 19
    • The start of the 6/8 section is just thirds (p1) with the exception of the 2nd eighth note in m33, and I feel like the marimba part until m38 has an Eb on beats 2 and 4 instead of an F but I could be wrong. m36-37 are thirds instead of octaves
    • I think you should remove the harmonies that conflict with the main melody (and also that C on the last measure) in p1