News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

So I've always wanted to make a medley...

Started by damanlyguy, February 26, 2014, 05:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damanlyguy

I've always wanted to make a medley of video game music from a specific game, but I've never really been inspired by a specific soundtrack until I played Pokemon Y. 

As songs get uploaded to the site, I will play them, learn them, and give them a place in the medley.  As of now there are only two songs, so this is kind of a request (but request board doesn't allow generic requests). 

When I do get something coherent, I will post it in the thread as well as any updates to it I decide to make. 

FierceDeity

Sounds cool. There are a lot of finished arrangements from X and Y that simply haven't been uploaded yet, if you look through people's personal arrangement threads. They may or may not be up to certain standards required for sheets to get on the site, but a lot of those just end up being sheet formatting errors, anyways, so you could start learning those before they get uploaded, if you want.

As for the medley, one of my biggest pet peeves is when people play a bunch of songs in succession, without any transitions, or consideration of harmonic function, and call it a medley. Because that isn't a medley. It's a bunch of different songs played in succession. Not that I have any indication that you would do this (or that it would be unwelcome, as we still love getting videos of people playing our arrangements, medley or not), but you'll earn bonus points in my book if you keep this in mind.

Also, I'm not really sure how this qualifies as feedback XD maybe it'd make more sense to go in Off-Topic > Music

FireArrow

What fierce said, you'll probably have enough songs if you do a quick search function.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

JDMEK5

I started the Wild Pokémon Battle theme. I'm going to finish it after my more pressing projects though.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26