TWG LXIV: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, February 13, 2014, 01:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Bird

TST is the one player I don't think is a wolf.

Before I place my vote on Toby, why do people think GZG is human?
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Toby

I'm going to vote for TST I think. Something just hit me when I was about to reply to Bird's question. First I'll answer Bird's question anyway, then maybe you'll figure it out for yourselves.

Quote from: Bird on February 27, 2014, 11:18:58 AMwhy do people think GZG is human?

Greg probably isn't a wolf because he certainly wouldn't take the risk with Nocturne (and Greg nearly always plays it safe) but from the most recent point, Greg wouldn't have killed Davy because if Greg was a wolf he would benefit from Davy being alive and sharing the seer result. Greg was already seered so he had nothing to hide (but that still isn't the main point), as Bird has said, it probably is more likely that the last wolf is green and if me or TST turned up as red, the other was pretty much going to get lynched. Although Davy would have been a confirmed human pretty much if he stayed alive and it would be pretty much between 3 choices rather than 4, it would still outweigh the disadvantages for Greg if he was a wolf to kill Davy.

But to my point about TST. He wasn't seered yet and presuming he's the wolf shaman if he got seered green or I got seered as red (if I am red that is) then it would look bad on him if we presume the last wolf is green.

Bird probably wouldn't have wolfed Davy either but he'd be more likely to do so than Bird because if me or TST turned up green it would seem like a 50% chance of catching a wolf between Bird and the other.

This post is probably very confusing as I know I'm not particularly great at wording things when they are complicated but oh well.7

and Bird if you use this logic against me I swear I'll eat your toes

Bird

I actually found your Greg argument to be fairly convincing, which in turn makes me somewhat less suspicious of you.

But I just can't see TST missing the wolfing. Plus he's been in the chatroom all the time, and is doing an incredible job of acting human and unsure...

hmm

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Greg

bird come to the chat dammit

I see you online ok

Bird

I just reread the thread. I'm almost certain Greg isn't the wolf now. Here's the notes I took on each player:

0 TST defended me when I was red (maybe he thought I was his partner)
 + voted Tanooki early on with a well reasoned argument
 + "if you're a wolf bird i'm going to find you and strangle you"

+ Toby voted for davy using some sound logic regarding the wolfing
 0 Toby voted for me for being jumpy
 + also said he didn't realize the wolves didn't know each other, said it changed a lot of things
 + came up with plan to have psychic claim on day 3
 + made a great post a few minutes ago

++ Greg said IF YOU ARENT GOING TO VOTE THE PLAN WONT WORK
 + Changed his mind on lynching me if i was wolfsbane, but didn't immediately chage vote
 ++ Defended me, pointing out that I forgot the wolves don't know each other
 ++ Knew the seer from d1
 + Warned against asking for psychic claims due to ease of false claiming...
 +Supported tanooki lynch

In conclusion, it's either TST or Toby and I still don't know. Talking to Greg about it in the chat now.

Bird

Greg

Bird

BlackDragonSlayer

Spoiler

Backstory: Many years ago, the war on the planet Umbra ended. The war hero Agent 819, who single-handedly took out the dark leader UMBRA, went back to the galactic capital planet, never to return to Umbra until the year of his death... but his story is another story, not to be told here...

Umbra is quickly becoming a point of interest for tourists. The super-company Micro Budget Ships Inc. is funding a new, experimental program to safely guide boatloads of these tourists through the planet on a predetermined route, highlighting the planet's natural wonders.

Unfortunately for the company, the illusions still remain on Umbra, even after the evil left the planet: the local flora and fauna have gotten hungry, and weak-minded tourists are on the menu...

The Flora and Fauna; Wolves
1: Miju-maron: Master Wolf (as the Miju-marons are giant, carnivorous plants, they can't do much unless people walk right into their lairs, though this doesn't affect the role any)
2: Ryu-jin: Wolf shaman.

Micro Budget Ships Tour; Humans
3: Tour Guide 1: Seer; is told results at end of night phase.
4: Tour Guide 2: Psychic; is told the number of wolves and if the red humans are left in the game (not how many red humans, however) at the end of every day phase (after lynching).
5: Tourist: Human.
6: Tourist: Human.
7: Tourist: Human.
8: Tourist: Herring. Is told he's a human.
9: Tourist: Regular miller. Will be told he's a human.
10: Tourist: Acts like a wolfsbane, except that the wolfing is redirected to another human player. Will be told he's a normal human.

Because wolves do not know each other, only the first wolfing vote is accepted. Wolves cannot be wolfed- if they are, it is considered that there is no wolfing.
There are no special victory conditions.

This game will have a story, revealed between phases (both day and night), in average-sized paragraphs (so hopefully there won't be any delays with the story).

Special Gimmick: Navigation; throughout the game (changing every day and night phase), the tour moves across various parts of the planet Umbra, on a course determined randomly (though areas cannot repeat until at least one other location has been visited).
Each area gives special, temporary effects to certain roles; the expedition always starts on the Overworld, as that is where is ship lands, but might not return there.

Night Phase Only:
Overworld: Two players can be seered.
Sacred Catacombs: Psychic can guard one person, excluding self.
In Specus Caverna (cave inside a cavern underneath the volcano): Ryu-Jin is seered as blue. Can find out the exact role of player seered, at the cost of being seered blue.

Day Phase Only:
Palus Magna (swamp): Miju-maron gets two lynching votes.
Ignis Parva (inside of a volcano): Ryu-jin gets two lynching votes.
Ruins of Ultima Fini (mechanical core of the planet): No effects.
[close]

1: Bird
2: FireArrow
3: Boo Guy
4: Mr. Tanooki Suit
5: NocturneOfShadow
6: davy
7: Toby [PHANTOM x1]
8: Greg
9: zoroark1264 [PHANTOM x1]
10: The_Subjective_Thought [PHANTOM x1]

Subs:
1: Dude

---
INSTAAA!!

Toby was sent down the chute first and attacked by a giant elevator shaft-dwelling worm. Needless to say, it wasn't safe. It is now Night 5. Night 5 ends in one day, on Friday, February 28 at 3:00 PM PST (6:00 PM EST), or whenever the wolf sends in the wolfing vote.

The Expedition is currently at The Overworld. Two players can be seered.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

Bird

(4:45:37 PM) bird: inb4 greg is wof?
(4:46:31 PM) BlackDragonSlayer: Hold on, I'll update right now. Just writing the story.
(4:46:36 PM) Greg_: yes I'm the wolf
(4:46:40 PM) bird: nooo
(4:46:52 PM) Greg_: I'm serious though
(4:47:08 PM) bird: well gj if you are
(4:47:16 PM) Greg_: thanks

BlackDragonSlayer

Spoiler

Backstory: Many years ago, the war on the planet Umbra ended. The war hero Agent 819, who single-handedly took out the dark leader UMBRA, went back to the galactic capital planet, never to return to Umbra until the year of his death... but his story is another story, not to be told here...

Umbra is quickly becoming a point of interest for tourists. The super-company Micro Budget Ships Inc. is funding a new, experimental program to safely guide boatloads of these tourists through the planet on a predetermined route, highlighting the planet's natural wonders.

Unfortunately for the company, the illusions still remain on Umbra, even after the evil left the planet: the local flora and fauna have gotten hungry, and weak-minded tourists are on the menu...

The Flora and Fauna; Wolves
1: Miju-maron: Master Wolf (as the Miju-marons are giant, carnivorous plants, they can't do much unless people walk right into their lairs, though this doesn't affect the role any)
2: Ryu-jin: Wolf shaman.

Micro Budget Ships Tour; Humans
3: Tour Guide 1: Seer; is told results at end of night phase.
4: Tour Guide 2: Psychic; is told the number of wolves and if the red humans are left in the game (not how many red humans, however) at the end of every day phase (after lynching).
5: Tourist: Human.
6: Tourist: Human.
7: Tourist: Human.
8: Tourist: Herring. Is told he's a human.
9: Tourist: Regular miller. Will be told he's a human.
10: Tourist: Acts like a wolfsbane, except that the wolfing is redirected to another human player. Will be told he's a normal human.

Because wolves do not know each other, only the first wolfing vote is accepted. Wolves cannot be wolfed- if they are, it is considered that there is no wolfing.
There are no special victory conditions.

This game will have a story, revealed between phases (both day and night), in average-sized paragraphs (so hopefully there won't be any delays with the story).

Special Gimmick: Navigation; throughout the game (changing every day and night phase), the tour moves across various parts of the planet Umbra, on a course determined randomly (though areas cannot repeat until at least one other location has been visited).
Each area gives special, temporary effects to certain roles; the expedition always starts on the Overworld, as that is where is ship lands, but might not return there.

Night Phase Only:
Overworld: Two players can be seered.
Sacred Catacombs: Psychic can guard one person, excluding self.
In Specus Caverna (cave inside a cavern underneath the volcano): Ryu-Jin is seered as blue. Can find out the exact role of player seered, at the cost of being seered blue.

Day Phase Only:
Palus Magna (swamp): Miju-maron gets two lynching votes.
Ignis Parva (inside of a volcano): Ryu-jin gets two lynching votes.
Ruins of Ultima Fini (mechanical core of the planet): No effects.
[close]

1: Bird
2: FireArrow
3: Boo Guy
4: Mr. Tanooki Suit
5: NocturneOfShadow
6: davy
7: Toby [PHANTOM x1]
8: Greg
9: zoroark1264 [PHANTOM x1]
10: The_Subjective_Thought [PHANTOM x1]

Subs:
1: Dude

---
They say that in space, nobody can hear you scream. This isn't space. This is Umbra. TST screamed real good before he died.

The Expedition is currently nowhere. May they rest in peace.

Wolves win.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber