News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Piano Sheet Music Only?

Started by mrswizzard, March 30, 2014, 09:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrswizzard

Hey, so I was wondering if there was any possibility of including violin sheet music, as I can only find piano. I ask because I came here looking for sheet music to Bloody Tears from Castlevania, and  it confused me that there was only piano sheet music available when the song itself is a violin rendition. Can someone suggest somewhere I could find it for the violin? 

BlackDragonSlayer

If you post in this forum, you might be able to find someone who will arrange the violin sheets for you, or instruct you on how to do so.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

K-NiGhT

Quote from: mrswizzard on March 30, 2014, 09:24:48 PMHey, so I was wondering if there was any possibility of including violin sheet music, as I can only find piano. I ask because I came here looking for sheet music to Bloody Tears from Castlevania, and  it confused me that there was only piano sheet music available when the song itself is a violin rendition. Can someone suggest somewhere I could find it for the violin?
unfortunately, we only do piano. that's pretty much the way it's always been and probably always will be.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

spitllama

I mean, the violin is in the same key as the piano. Couldn't you play the melody line?

Otherwise all that's really going to happen is someone will rewrite the sheet music without the bass clef.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FierceDeity

I mean, if somebody were to actually arrange for violin, rather than just, you know, transcribing or copy/pasting a melody line for it, then that would generally include things like double stops, more careful consideration of chromatic lines, and other things that need to be handled differently on string instruments. Also, there'd obviously be a different treatment of dynamics and held notes.

Not that this'd actually be that difficult, but it definitely warrants making another sheet.

JDMEK5

But it's work. And unless you're going all-out, a piano score should be pretty much fine given the song itself isn't too nuts.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26