News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Sheet Music Errors Thread

Started by KefkaticFanatic, March 16, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Please post any errors you find with sheets in this thread.

Try to provide some detail as to what exactly is wrong (wrong notes, wrong key, formatting error, etc), along with a link to the arrangement.

Hopefully one of our wonderful community members will notice and and fix it right up!  Or, feel free to try fixing it yourself and submitting it to the "Fixing the Sheets" thread, it could be a great way to get familiar with Finale!

(I likely won't maintain this thread, so if a non-mod user wants to take it up, let me know and I'll sticky your thread in this one's place.  A mod can just edit these posts of course ;))

me irl
[close]

KefkaticFanatic

Placeholder for idk, a list of errors or something

me irl
[close]

braix

Well I noticed that in "Ending-Super Mario 64" arranged by DoKoCo, it had a few format errors, plus it was missing a tempo marking or whatever you call those things. Um...and I can't really link to the arrangement seeing as I'm on my phone right now so...yea.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FierceDeity

I can make a thread and keep it updated, if you decide you don't want to do it.

Also zoroark, you might wanna be a little more specific about "a few format errors", haha. They're probably apparent, but still, it'd be helpful.

JDMEK5

You guys want errors? Just scroll down the Kirby section for nearly everything not done by Deku.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

I think the person that does the fixing should get their name on it. (It probably depends on how bad it is)

MaestroUGC

Yeah, add a spot for "Edited by -" if they fixed minor things.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

I've come across some particularly terrible ones:
Ganondorf battle (windwaker): the sheet looks wrong and has [title] at the top of each page. The notes are accurate, but there should be harmonies instead of single notes.

Hidden Village (Twilight Princess) Has no harmonies at all, when the song clearly has them (same arranger above) and a few note errors and the midi has a gap at the repeat

And the worst:
Rise Above (FE: Sacred stones) Besides having single notes where chords might be more appropriate, measure 20 is the single worst measure of music on the entire site. It sounds like the arranger was just writing in random notes and submitted it like that.

And of course, The Halberd (Kirby super star) has  accurate rhythms, but only about 85% of the notes are accurate.

I might fix up a few sheets in my spare time, but I still want to finish the super metroid soundtrack and get some fire emblem awakening in there.

HowItKilledYou

Every time I attempt to listen to a MIDI of a sheet, my computer tells me that I am missing the plugin to do so. However, I have Quicktime Player installed, which should handle it (I checked my Safari [I have a Mac] settings and it is indeed running). I have never had this problem in the past, yet now it's unavoidable. Is it anything I'm doing wrong or is it something with the site?

The Deku Trombonist

Have you got the .mid file box checked under settings for the QuickTime browser plugin?

Waddle Bro

You need QuickTime Player 7, Garageband(which is my recommendation if you only want to listen to MIDIs) or Finale Notepad.

fuzzboy7

I found an error in the very first measure of an arrangement.... what's up with that? It is in "Cursed Overworld" in Wind Waker. The 'F' should be an 'F#'.

mikey

Quote from: fuzzboy7 on October 14, 2014, 04:21:34 PMI found an error in the very first measure of an arrangement.... what's up with that? It is in "Cursed Overworld" in Wind Waker. The 'F' should be an 'F#'.
I don't think those are the kind of errors this thread means :P
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 16, 2014, 06:54:33 PMTry to provide some detail as to what exactly is wrong (wrong notes, wrong key, formatting error, etc), along with a link to the arrangement.

Literally the second sentence in the op, if you missed the title.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: fuzzboy7 on October 14, 2014, 04:21:34 PMI found an error in the very first measure of an arrangement.... what's up with that? It is in "Cursed Overworld" in Wind Waker. The 'F' should be an 'F#'.
Haha....just saw your new topic and was gonna tell you to post here :)

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 14, 2014, 04:22:25 PMI don't think those are the kind of errors this thread means :P
lol