News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Sheet Music Errors Thread

Started by KefkaticFanatic, March 16, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khunjund

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 03, 2018, 01:39:41 PMAlso, Wikipedia lists the developers as Square, even though the company is called Squaresoft? And then later merged to form Square Enix? Yeah, some weird stuff going on there.

SquareSoft was a brand name. The company's proper name was always Square Co., Ltd., which later merged with Enix Corporation to form Square Enix Holdings, Co., Ltd. That being said, I don't know how accurate the copyright information has to be.

But anyways, I'm here for something else.

In the arrangements that I've submitted previously, there was a piece from The Knight of Lodis titled Battle BGM 5. This is in fact the sixth track titled "Battle BGM", but there's a quirk within the sound files: of the eight tracks named "Battle BGM", the first six are numbered from zero to five (so the first one is listed as "Battle BGM" instead of "Battle BGM 1", but the last two are "properly" numbered as seven and eight. I was wondering if, for consistency, you'd prefer I stick with the exact names within the game files, or relist them as Battle BGM 1–8, in which case I'd have to replace "Battle BGM 5" with "Battle BGM 6". Also, I've already submitted "Battle BGM 8", but changed the title to "Angel's Headstone", since it's the only Battle BGM track to be used for one in-game location exclusively; if I need to change that, please tell me.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Latios212

It sounds like there's not an official listing of the soundtrack. In that case, the file names are a good reference but aren't always the best things to name a track. I think naming them with proper numbering would probably be the most logical. As for the naming of the last track, I'll defer to your judgement since I don't know this game and you're clearly familiar enough with this soundtrack to make a good call.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Khunjund

By "game files" I meant that's how the tracks are named in the sound test mode in the actual game (which is accessed via a secret), not ripped files.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Libera

If it's how they're named in the game's sound test, then I suggest we change them to that.

LeviR.star

It's sound tests like these that I wish more games had.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Tobbeh99

I looked at my animal crossing arrangement "Space K.K. (Aircheck)" and found a mistake. There isn't any time signature change at the end. It's just 4/4. I fixed it and did some files. 

I changed the measures at the end:
M.13: The final note in the RH should be an A
M.14: No time signature change (removed time signature change). But I added the notes in the measure (fixed the whole measure (the correct notes)).
M:18: No time signature change (removed time signature change), and fixed the measure (the rhythm).
Also fixed the collision with ppp in measure 8 and 12 in the pdf file.

You can listen and look at it and check for yourself.

The one on site: https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2768

New fixed version: [ZIP]

Also I back lol (forgot to say that (in some off-topic topic) lol). But guess it's nice starting off with fixing an arrangement. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Also took some time fixing some other sheets:

Animal Crossing New Leaf:

K.K. Bazaar (Aircheck):
Edited some slurs (so they're better now).
Fixed the cresc. so they don't touch the barlines.
Minor spacing. Adjusted the url's positioning.

Castlevania:

Voyager:
Fixed some spacing in the bass notes, so it looks a bit better. Removed some unnecessary courtesy accidental.
Also changed the beaming on the 16th notes in measure 15-16 (which is more how it should be beamed, and looks better I think).
Fixed the positioning of the texts and the texts.

Castlevania HoD:

Dark Covenant (Theme of Death):
Removed the fifths in the bass. And also added an octave in measure 8. (Those fifths were not in the original, and didn't want those either)
Edited the slur in m.5-7.
Changed the tie direction of the lower note in m.6-7.
Hide the rests in m.5 (they were pretty redundant).

Successor of Fate (Theme of Juste Belmont):
Changed the bass in part F so that it's easier. I octave the some of the bass notes up, so it's easier to play. Also edited the bass rhythm slightly (fixed it), so that it's correct (like the original). Also spaced it out a bit better. Removed some unnecessary courtesy accidental (layer problem).
Removed some courtesy accidentals.

Fire Emblem:

Eternal Bond:
m.1: Moved the marcato below the note (in the l.h.) rather than above.
Edited the cresc. and dim. so they don't collide with the barlines.
Edited the slur in m.36-38 so that it goes all the way to the last tied note.
m.37: fixed the positioning of the layer 2 notes.
Removed some courtesy accidentals (throughout the arrangement)
m.56: Made the chord into layer 1.
Fixed the text positioning.
Minor spacing fixes.

Final Fantasy IV:

Red Wings:
Measure 9-10:
Fixed the slur so it goes all the way to the tied note.
Also Flipped the stem of the lower layer in m.10, and edited the ties so that it looks better.
Measure 10-11: Flipped the tie, so it looks better.

Pokémon Crystal:

Clair:
Edited the last measure so it looks more clean, by removing the tied notes and instead using rests.
Also changed the bass notes, in measures 5-10, from 8th note and 16th note rest to dotted 8th notes, making it easier to read. (I got that way in the duet, so makes sense having it sort of the same).
Removed some unnecessary courtesy accidental (layer problem).

Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire:

Victory Road:
Edited a slur in measure 24-25. I extended it so it goes all the way to measure 25. Makes more sense. Removed some unnecessary courtesy accidentals (layer problem).
Fixed the cresc. so that they don't touch the barlines.

Wild Arms:

Courage:
Edited the slur in m.1-2 (so it goes all the way).
Fixed the positioning of the lower layer note in the r.h. in m.15.
Changed the dotted 8th note rest in m.17 to a 8th note rest and a 16th note rest.
Changed the stem direction of the lower layer notes in m.18.
Fixed some text and spacing.

Courage (Duet):
Changed the 2 quarter note rests into a half note rest in m.8
Fixed some text and spacing.
Fixed the cresc. so that they don't touch the barlines.

Into the Wilderness:
Changed the title to "To the End of the Wilderness" (which I think is the correct one (https://vgmdb.net/album/3685)).
m.4: Edited the spelling of the rhythm in the l.h. a bit.
m.5: Fixed the cresc. so it doesn't collide with the barline.
m.5-8: Edited the bass slightly (which is correct).
m.6: Changed/fixed the chord in the r.h. to a 4th rather than a third (which is correct).
m.7: Moved the cresc. a bit more so it doesn't collide with the barline.
m.8 Added an arpeggiated chord at the chord (as in the original). And removed the "r.h." and line.
m.14-15: Edited the slur a bit.
m.16: Added a grace note (which is there in the original).
m.19: Moved the cresc. so it doesn't collide with the barline.
m.22: Unhide the 8th note rest (makes it easier to read I think).
m.26-27: Edited the slur a bit.
m.27: Flipped the direction of the tie.
m.27-28: Changed/fixed the bass so that it is as the bass in m.15-16 (which are the same). And it is also correct this way.
m.28: Added a grace note (which is there in the original).
m.30: Changed/fixed the bass. Edited it so that it now has the correct notes (I think, it was hard to hear).
m.29-32: Edited the slur. Edited the melody a bit. I think it's better legato this way. (Not 100% sure that the r.h. chords are correct, however).
m.33: Edited the 16th notes run, and the other notes. I think this is how it is (but not 100% sure). The higher voice is right at least (it starts at D and goes up to C). Changed the bass slightly (last 16th-note).
m.34: Changed the bar line to double bar lines before key change. Changed the trill, and the chords slightly, added a Bb making it a major7-chord (like the original). Removed the ossia. Also I don't know if I should show or hide the layer 2 rest, it does clash a bit with the chord.
m.34-35: Changed the bass. Some chords were wrong and there were notes were just missing in m.35.
m.36: Added courtesy accidentals. Changed the rhythm notation (showed the 3rd beat). Changed/fixed the chords at beat 4 in the r.h.
m.36-38: Edited the rests, fixed the positioning of the rests, and changed them from dotted 8th note rests to 8th note and 16th note rest.
m.37: Flipped the ties (makes more sense). Changed the Eb-Bb chord into a F-Bb chord (makes more sense and is also how it is in the original).
m.39-46: Edited the voicings of the bass chords so it's more like the original. Also changed m.40 a bit, and changed some notes in m.45 (so it's now a Cm in the bass).
m.40: Edited the bass a bit, changed the last note (hard to hear what it actually is, but I think it's just like the other notes (because that's how it is in the rest of the song)).
m.42: Edited the high brass notes. So they're now more like the original. Edited the last chord in the l.h. (removed some notes), changed it for playability sake.
m.42-46: Fixed the position of the rests.
m.46: Changed the "subito p" to a regular "p".
m.43-56: Fixed the bass, added some notes that were missing and changed some chord that were wrong.
m.51-53: Changed the r.h. chord. Now it's more like the original.
m.52-53: Flipped the tie direction, and unhide the layer 2 rest.

Wh-What (Zed's Theme):
Changed the tremolo notes in m.1 & m.3. Changed in m.1 so it's more like the original (also removed the lower note in the r.h., and changed in m.3 the Bn in the bass to a C#, makes more sense harmonically.
Fixed the crescs. so they don't touch the barlines.
Aligned the texts and fixed the url-name.

Wild Arms 3:

A Person's Warmth:
Edited some slurs. So they're better now.
Changed the direction of the grace note in m.22
Fixed the texts.
m.11-12: Changed the stem direction on some of the lower notes in the l.h. (so they're all facing downwards).
m.31 & 33: Removed some courtesy accidentals.

Zelda Oracle of Season/Ages:

Zelda Awakens:
Removed the pedal (which I didn't want and isn't there in the original), and made the longer notes into short notes (8th notes). Also changed the tempo text slightly, and spaced it out a bit better. Also moved the slur in measure 6-5 so that it goes all the way to the tied note.
Also changed the beaming so that the 4/4 part beams 8th notes 2 and 2 rather than 4, in measures 11-12. Also changed the dotted quarter note, in measure 4, to a quarter note tied 8th note. Also edited the bass note in the last measure, changed it from a dotted half note to a quarter note tied half note.

World of Warcraft WoD:

A Siege of Worlds:
Small formatting fix. At page 9 at part N (m.177, 179), changed so that the sostenuto notes are on the same side, look better I think. Also nudge the tempo signs at m.189 and 191 so they don't collide sort of/spaced them better. Also removed the redundant tempo mark at m.182.
Also removed a lot of unnecessary courtesy accidentals (layer problem) and also added some where it was missing (m.215 and m.223).

Files:
K.K. Bazaar (Aircheck)
Voyager
Dark Covenant
Successor of Fate
Eternal Bond
Red Wings
Clair
Victory Road
Courage (Dungeon)
Courage (Dungeon) (Duet)
Into The Wilderness
Zed's Theme
A Person's Warmth
Zelda Awakens
A Siege of Worlds

Youtube:
Dark Covenant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1dSjwmYSk0
Successor of Fate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQxs-WEFRJY
Into the Wilderness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRV_A5ZDXyo
Zed's Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7dO2edfy00
Zelda Awakens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_K072Fkeoo
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

I'll see if I can get to these sometime next week if someone doesn't get to it before then

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Wow great! Made a ton of fixes. Annoying how many small errors there was. :(. But now they'll be better. :)

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Sorry for the wait. Taking a look now!

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 04, 2019, 06:46:24 PM"Space K.K. (Aircheck)"
Cool! Just a couple more things that could be fixed up while I'm looking at it.
- In measure 15 there's nothing happening on the bottom staff so we should just move the lower part there. This would also avoid having the "LH" written on the staff.
- Crescendo shouldn't touch the barline in m. 15-16.
- Header/footer info is outside the margins (vertical positioning for the frame should be 0).
- We could easily put 4 systems on the first page and 5 on the second to distribute the space better.
- Beam the two disconnected 16th notes in the last measure.

I'll go through the rest individually and take a look one by one instead of doing them all now. More to come on the others soon.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Can you fix the Space K.K. ones? As you know what was "wrong" with it. You could probably do it easier than me, since you know the errors.

Also you could probably just remove the LH and RH (rather than having the notes on different staves). As you could just as well play all of that in the RH. Kind of redundant. (I just kept it in to keep it as little changed as possible, just fixed the things that were wrong). But y, you could just remove it all together, as it's kind of redundant, as I said.

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo

Dudeman

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on February 03, 2019, 12:12:50 PMCan you fix the Space K.K. ones? As you know what was "wrong" with it. You could probably do it easier than me, since you know the errors.

Also you could probably just remove the LH and RH (rather than having the notes on different staves). As you could just as well play all of that in the RH. Kind of redundant. (I just kept it in to keep it as little changed as possible, just fixed the things that were wrong). But y, you could just remove it all together, as it's kind of redundant, as I said.
At this point, that's much less an "error" and much more a stylistic choice. If you want to revamp the sheet to a substantial degree, it's much more appropriate to submit a replacement than bug the staff to fix the sheet that's on-site for you.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

Eh, I don't really mind doing some general cleanup, since the change in question was something I brought up in the first place. But if you suggest I make edits there will probably be a few other layout things I'll poke around with while I have the sheet open :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

I have no problem if you fix some layout stuff. :)

10/10 tobbeh