News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Sheet Music Errors Thread

Started by KefkaticFanatic, March 16, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Updated the files for "Space K.K. (Aircheck)". As I mentioned above, I'll get to the rest intermittently. (Any help from the other updaters would be appreciated too.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

While I'm looking at Eternal Bond, could we do something about all of the triplets everywhere?  The last page in particular looks extremely cluttered.  I'd honestly just suggest writing the whole thing in 12/8 and putting the normal quavers as tuplets instead.

Some other things:

-Flip the tie in bar 7 and 16.
-Move the 8va a little more to the left in bar 7 so it's better covering the notes.
-Move the left hand rests in bars 34-37 so that they're more in line with the first two in bar 36.
-Two two quaver rests in bar 64 should be crotchet rest like you have everywhere else.
-Move the copyright back up to vertical alignment 0.
-I'd move everything on the first page down a little bit to the give the top some more room (you've got plenty of space at the bottom even after moving the copyright up.)

Sorry about all the extra comments, but I guess this is what happens when you get us to look at old sheets on the site. :P

Tobbeh99

Fixed those things you mentioned Liberia.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Libera

Quote from: Libera on February 07, 2019, 10:59:38 AMcould we do something about all of the triplets everywhere?  The last page in particular looks extremely cluttered.  I'd honestly just suggest writing the whole thing in 12/8 and putting the normal quavers as tuplets instead.

This still.  The other edits look good.

Tobbeh99

Fixed that as well. You can double-check so all the notes are the same.

Also I made the last one in 4/4, since it's the same as the intro (think that's good).
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Libera

What I'm suggesting is to write the whole thing in 12/8.  The percussion has a 12/8 feel throughout the entire piece and, regardless, only changing to 12/8 for that last page feels weird to me.

Tobbeh99

Personally I don't really like it being in 12/8.  I feel it more like a 4/4. I guess I make it all in 4/4 then.

Changed it back to 4/4. I feel it more like a 4/4. Especially with the straight 8th notes.

10/10 tobbeh

Libera

To be honest, looking at this sheet a bit more, I think it would be better if you resubmitted this.  This particular thing warrants more discussion, and there are other things I'm noticing looking at the sheet.  This thread is more the place for small fixes and the like, rather than trying to sort out a sheet completely.

Tobbeh99

Well you could just update with the new files with my fixes (they're better than the ones on site). Not in the mood of revisiting this, just saw some errors I wanted to fix.

(Also changed/fixed the rhythm in the bass in m.12 beat 4. And also the articulation in the same measure.)

You can listen and hear it here.

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

I think I was posting in the wrong topic lol.

Anyway, I'm continuing on a post from this:

Spoiler
Quote from: Sebastian on February 09, 2019, 09:05:21 AMI've been working through updating sheets (https, track titles, and other minor fixes).
Here are sheets I've updated so far (bolded sheets are sheets that had their titles edited):

Paper Mario:
Main Menu - (previously known as File Select)
Princess in Distress
Angry Bowser
Goomba Village
Kammy Koopa's Theme
March Ahead - (previously known as Goomba Road)
Jr. Troopa - (previously known as Jr. Troopa's Theme)
Battle Fanfare
Hey You! - (Previously known as mini boss)
Gates of Goomba Castle
Koopa Bros. Keep Cool
Toad Town
Mario Bros. House
Shooting Star Submmit
Star Spirits' Request
Twink's Theme
Fuzzys Stole My Shell
[close]

And continuing on:
Koopa Village
Beach Tunes
Koopa Bros. Tricks
Attack on the Koopa Bros.
Master Battle - (Previously known as The Master!)
Club 64
K64 Train Ride
Mt. Rugged Theme
Dry Dry Desert Trek - (Previously known as Dry Dry Desert)
Mysterious Dry Dry Outpost
Chomp Attack
Hang In There, Peach!
Caught!
Approach to the Mansion
Forever Forest Theme - (Previously known as Forever Forest)
Boos' Dance - (Previously known as Boo's Dance)
Tubba Blubba's Castle
The Castle Crumbles - (Previously known as The Castle Crumbles - Tubba Blubba's Pursuit)
Ghost Gulping - (Previously known as Tubba Blubba Battle)
Shy Guy Riot
Shy Guy's Toybox
Keeping Pace - (Previously known as Keeping Pace (General Guy's theme)
Whale Ride
Welcome to Yoshi's Village
Jade Jungle
Raphael the Raven
Clouds Over Flower Fields - (Previously known as Clouds Over Flower Field)
Petunia Under Attack! - (Previously known as Month Moles attack Petunia)
Walking on the Clouds
Cold Reception in Shiver City - (Previously known as Shiver City)
Detective Mario
Snow Road
Over Shiver Mountain
Crystal Palace Crawl
Freeze!
Wish of the Princess
Mario and Peach's Theme - (Previously known as Mario & Peach's Theme)
Chanterelle's Song

Latios212

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on February 09, 2019, 03:08:35 AMWell you could just update with the new files with my fixes (they're better than the ones on site). Not in the mood of revisiting this, just saw some errors I wanted to fix.
Do you still have the 12/8 files? That's definitely a step up from what we've got.

Also, I won't have time to get to these in the next week or so, but would you mind sticking all the files into one zip file to make them easier for us to manage?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Latios212 on February 18, 2019, 06:17:13 PMDo you still have the 12/8 files? That's definitely a step up from what we've got.
Y, you can have it if you prefer that one.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 18, 2019, 06:17:13 PMAlso, I won't have time to get to these in the next week or so, but would you mind sticking all the files into one zip file to make them easier for us to manage?
y, I could do that if you want to.

Here it is:
Fixed Sheets

10/10 tobbeh

SuperMarina

Banjo-Kazooie - Mad Monster Mansion (Church)'s files all seem to read or to be set at 100 BPM. The actual soundtrack song clocks in at 90 BPM.
The difference isn't earth-shatteringly different to me, but it is noticeable when played side-by-side. Is it worth correcting?
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: SuperMarina on February 22, 2019, 08:24:59 PMBanjo-Kazooie - Mad Monster Mansion (Church)'s files all seem to read or to be set at 100 BPM. The actual soundtrack song clocks in at 90 BPM.
The difference isn't earth-shatteringly different to me, but it is noticeable when played side-by-side. Is it worth correcting?
A 10-BPM difference is always worth correcting, IMO.

Tobbeh99

Also Latios, I made some changes to the files. Edited some on Successor of fate, removed courtesy accidentals, and Dark Covenant (Theme of Death), some slurs and stuff. And also did some minor formatting changes (texts positioning and url). You can check the changes in my previous (long) post (like on page 17) for all the changes.

Here's a link (to the new files):
Fixed Sheets

10/10 tobbeh