News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Sheet Music Errors Thread

Started by KefkaticFanatic, March 16, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeila

That's fair. I didn't feel too strongly about changing the name and the unofficial one is prevalent enough to where it's fine to keep. I changed the title and the links should be the same, so now the only difference is the composer info and formatting.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Martyboyz

I found the music "Tree Top Town" from Donkey Kong Country: https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/26
I didn't check for note accuracy, but I think it is all correct. The issue is the time signature. The entire arrangement is in 3/4 splitting each beat into 4 sixteenths, but the feel of the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ytypy68HE8 is clearly in 2/4 splitting each beat into 6. I know this would probably be tough to correct, but it is very hard to read in the current arrangement.
Thank you so much!

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Yug_Guy on August 09, 2020, 09:51:57 AMOne of these days I need to go back & fix the composer info on my earlier EarthBound sheets to match official sources...

Today is that day, my friends!
EarthBound [SNES]
Battle Against an Unsettling OpponentMUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal
Boy Meets Girl (Twoson)MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal
Buy Somethin' Will Ya!MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal
Get on the BusMUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal
Good Friends, Bad FriendsMUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal
Home Sweet HomeMUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal
The Metropolis of FoursideMUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal
Paula's ThemeMUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal
Summers, Eternal Tourist TrapMUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal
Your Name, PleaseMUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal
[close]

As much as I would've loved to have fixed some of the formatting errors & such, I decided to just stick with the composer info. Any more & I might as well just open up a replacement submission.

My sincerest apologies to Hiroshi Kanazu, to whom I've done dirty the most for not originally crediting him.

WGRsheet

The "Overworld" theme music for Super Mario Land 2 erroneously states that the music was composed by Koji Kondo. SML2 was composed by Kazumi Totaka.

Also, the submitter was G-Han, yet the sheet music says "Arranged by DoKoCo"

Lastly, there's no tempo listed (I think it's arround 153, the same as the "Athletic" theme)
Signature

AetheralMeowstic

I tried to download the MIDI for Defend Globe, only to find out it's broken and registers as 0 bytes. Yes, I tried every possible troubleshooting solution, but I get the same result every time: a broken 0 byte MIDI. Please repost the MIDI for this song.

Kricketune54

Quote from: AetheralMeowstic on October 06, 2020, 08:14:20 PMI tried to download the MIDI for Defend Globe, only to find out it's broken and registers as 0 bytes. Yes, I tried every possible troubleshooting solution, but I get the same result every time: a broken 0 byte MIDI. Please repost the MIDI for this song.

One workaround if you really want the midi is you could download the .mus file, and then do save as and save it as a midi file

Latios212

Quote from: AetheralMeowstic on October 06, 2020, 08:14:20 PMI tried to download the MIDI for Defend Globe, only to find out it's broken and registers as 0 bytes. Yes, I tried every possible troubleshooting solution, but I get the same result every time: a broken 0 byte MIDI. Please repost the MIDI for this song.
Sorry about that! I've exported and uploaded a new one.

It appears I've missed responding to a few other posts here, too, so getting to that...

Quote from: Martyboyz on September 17, 2020, 03:45:50 PMI found the music "Tree Top Town" from Donkey Kong Country: https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/26
I didn't check for note accuracy, but I think it is all correct. The issue is the time signature. The entire arrangement is in 3/4 splitting each beat into 4 sixteenths, but the feel of the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ytypy68HE8 is clearly in 2/4 splitting each beat into 6. I know this would probably be tough to correct, but it is very hard to read in the current arrangement.
Thank you so much!
Yeah... this sheet needs a replacement badly ^^ Someone's probably gonna have to rewrite this one from scratch, this is a more than a small fix-up. If you want, you can make a request for someone to replace it sometime soon. Otherwise we'll get to it eventually :)

Quote from: WGRsheet on September 18, 2020, 06:32:37 AMThe "Overworld" theme music for Super Mario Land 2 erroneously states that the music was composed by Koji Kondo. SML2 was composed by Kazumi Totaka.

Also, the submitter was G-Han, yet the sheet music says "Arranged by DoKoCo"

Lastly, there's no tempo listed (I think it's arround 153, the same as the "Athletic" theme)
Yup, that's another one. I've actually arranged this one myself and this one will go up on site probably in around a couple months` time (see here).

Quote from: Yug_Guy on September 17, 2020, 06:50:40 PM
EarthBound [SNES]
[close]

As much as I would've loved to have fixed some of the formatting errors & such, I decided to just stick with the composer info. Any more & I might as well just open up a replacement submission.

My sincerest apologies to Hiroshi Kanazu, to whom I've done dirty the most for not originally crediting him.
Thanks for the corrections! If I or someone else hasn't gotten around to reuploading these by the weekend, please do poke me.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Yug_Guy on September 17, 2020, 06:50:40 PM
EarthBound [SNES]
[close]

All files updated!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Whoppybones

There is a song under the game "Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic, but the game in America is Super Mario Bros 2. To keep the consistency, shouldnt it go on the Mario page under the American name instead of the Japanese name?

LeviR.star

I arranged the sheet. I'll answer this one.

Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Bros. 2 are not, in fact, the same exact game. Japan got a release of both of the games, with the latter titled Super Mario USA. There's many differences between Doki Doki Panic and Mario 2, even if the former began development as a Super Mario game in the first place. At the moment, it's titled Doki Doki Panic to be easily recognized by site-goers; Dream Factory: Heart-Pounding Panic may be the translated name, but it's not an official one.

TL;DR - Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic is not the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2, it is a separate game entirely, so we listed it as one.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Whoppybones

Cool. I was unaware of that. Was it still considered a Mario game, though, or was it just other random characters.

Olimar12345

The Gaming Historian has a pretty good video on this topic:

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

terdragontra

"Nacrene City" from Pokemon Black & White should be written in 9/8 but is inexplicably in 4/4

Kricketune54

Looks like the Mario Kart Double Dash credit sheet is missing several bars after m93 in the final piano solo

Also not sure if this would be considered an error-  have the Kirby's 20th special addition cd, and the City Trial theme is listed as just "City".